Comments

chirva_a_s wrote on 2/7/2009, 2:42 PM
Yes! But at first You must to activate the MPEG2 codec! To activate the MPEG2 (and other codecs such a MPEG4, Dolby Digital and Flash) within the program:
click "Help" - "Activate additional functions" - "Activate MPEG2"
click "Help" - "Activate additional functions" - "Activate MPEG4" e.t.c.
Good Luck!

Addition o 2009-02-08 a 10:56:

Probably in trial versions codecs to activate it is not necessary.
Ask a question to technical support about possibility to create DVD-disks in a trial version of the program.

Process of creation of a DVD-disk consists of several steps.
It is in detail enough described in the instruction to the program.

I am afraid that better than in the instruction I cannot explain full process of DVD-disk creation.

But I can assure you that in this program it very simply.

Addition o 2009-02-08 a 21:21:

It seems to me, that I have not absolutely understood your question.
What model of your DVR?

Addition o 2009-02-09 a 09:15:

Now to me all is clear.
Yours DVR can write video on a DVD-disk from various sources: analog or digital. Of course it is better if a source digital as in this case the signal from a source arrives without distortions. For yours DVR the DV-equipment (miniDV Camcorder or MiniDV player) can be a source of a digital signal only. But not a PC (at least so it is written to instructions)! You DVR is specially created for record from various (most used) sources WITHOUT NECESSITY OF THE PC! You can connect a TV-out of your video card with yours DVR, but in this case quality of the written material will be similarly VHS. And correct adjustment of a video card can occupy considerable time (and sometimes it to make it is impossible).  The PC is more universal device and gives more possibilities. If you need to write video file on a DVD-disk, you can take advantage of programs for record DVD-disks (for example Nero, Infra Recorder, Deep Burner e.t.c.) Modern DVD players can reproduce disk which has been written thus . If you DVR does read the disks which have been written thus then you need to write DVD-video a disk. You can make it with  Magix Movie Edit Pro. But unlike yours DVR with Magix Movie Edit pro you can create the DVD-menu for more convenient viewing.
In some programs I saw possibility of export of a material on DV tape (DV recorder), but I will be not assured that you DVR to work similarly miniDV recorder.

Addition o 2009-02-09 a 16:33:

"greyed" probably means, that these codecs are already activated or their activation in trial version is not allowed.
For DVD-disk creation activation the MPEG2 codec is necessary.
You can check up work the MPEG2 codec as follows:
After starting the program, switch to the "Edit" view by clicking on the "Edit" button at the top.
Then drag n drop any file in timeline.
Then select in main menu (top side of programm window):
File - > Export movie - > Video as MPEG.

After that the MPEG export window will open.
Select preset "Standart DVD"

And press OK.
If encoding process start normally - the MPEG2 codec work.

Try

matteranti554 wrote on 3/4/2009, 9:24 AM
If I recall correctly, I had to enter a key code to be able to activate that feature. I purchased the physical product so I had no problem getting that feature to work but I don't know about the trials. My guess is the trial only allows all the features of the "base" product to work. Since you have to unlock the mpeg feature, I don't see it working in the trial by default.