MMM - "Out Of Memory" (Half RAM Used)

Munenushi wrote on 8/29/2016, 4:49 AM

MMM2017 appears to have some possible Memory Handling issues... There is a frequent "Out Of Memory" error and "Request For More Memory Denied" messages. 

• This occurs in both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (Dual Boot System. 64-bit OS's)
  • Less than half the 16GB System RAM is being used, less than quarter CPU used
  • 32-track Project (28 VST source Tracks, 4 WAV source Tracks, all have FX)

The Patch that is automatically notified at Startup is installed (version 24.0.2.44). 

I tried to re-install MMM2017 in both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 and it still occurs. Playback has some "stutter" or" glitch-y" noises as well, no matter what Audio Playback Driver is selected (MAGIX Low Latency, DirectSound, etc)... am not sure if that is related.

Thank you for any information or steps I can try regarding this. 

System:

AMD FX-8350 (8-core) CPU
AMD R9 280 (3GB) GPU
16GB Patriot "GAMER" RAM
256GB ADATA SSD (OS)
4TB Samsung HDD (Data)
Windows 10 (with Windows 8.1 Dual Boot)

Edit:
It seems that I may be using the 32-bit version of this program... but I do not remember an option or choice when using the DownLoadManager to select the 64-bit version... all interaction with the MAGIX website and the program has been with a 64-bit OS... perhaps it is not detecting it somehow?
Just thinking out loud here

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/29/2016, 7:00 AM

Hi

. . . . a frequent "Out Of Memory" error and "Request For More Memory Denied" messages. . . . .256GB ADATA SSD (OS) . . . .

Check how much free space you have on this drive - you could be running out of space for the Windows swap file - hence the error message.

If you are, try moving the swap file to the 4TB HDD.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/29/2016, 7:00 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Munenushi wrote on 8/29/2016, 7:40 AM

Hi

. . . . a frequent "Out Of Memory" error and "Request For More Memory Denied" messages. . . . .256GB ADATA SSD (OS) . . . .

Check how much free space you have on this drive - you could be running out of space for the Windows swap file - hence the error message.

If you are, try moving the swap file to the 4TB HDD.

HTH

John EB

Thank you but that is how I have it set up, I'm sorry I did not think to mention this in my original information. 

I have a 100MB Swap file on my OS drive (a small one is "required") and I have a 20GB Swap File on a partition on the 4TB HDD. Good thinking though.

Task Manager shows the program never goes beyond ~3GB of RAM, so I am not sure if that is intended by the application or if it is due to it being a 32-bit version of the application (I cannot seem to find a download at the MAGIX site for the 64-bit version of my MAGIX Music Maker... is MAGIX Music Maker Premium 64-bit? I would upgrade to that version of MMM, if so...)

Thank you again for your reply, though 

Munenushi wrote on 9/1/2016, 6:06 AM

Update: 

Being in contact with MAGIX Personnel, they told me that the Premium Version can be run as a 64-bit program.... So I am going to "upgrade" to that one, if they will allow me to pay the difference (or refund the Standard Version so I can buy the Premium Version, etc). 

For those wondering about Music Maker as a 64-bit application, that is what they stated (about the Premium version)... I will return after purchasing it and see if it is true (hopefully it is!). 

If not, I notice that their Samplitude is advertised specifically as 64-bit on it's information page... Although it contains mainly "instruments" (midi sequencing audio) and not "samples" (pre-recorded files of audio), it would suit my needs still. 

Just adding/updating this info in case it is helpful to others. 

Munenushi wrote on 9/2/2016, 9:20 AM

Update 2:

So, MAGIX Support was able to give me a "Coupon" for the amount I paid for MAGIX Music Maker (Standard Version), which I used at the Checkout towards MAGIX Music Maker Premium, effectively "upgrading" to the Premium version... (Thanks, MAGIX Support!)

Unfortunately, it appears that even the Premium version is not a 64-bit application... 

My computer is:

• a 64-bit processor (CPU)
  • with 64-bit Windows (OS)

but the program (Music Maker Premium) is detected and runs as a 32-bit program:

Hmm that looks pretty small, here is the Task Manager for Windows, zoomed in from the above image:

As you can see, it shows the application as a 32-bit program... which entered "Not Responding" Mode ("crashed") when attempting to access more than 3GB of System Memory (RAM). 

This information is not meant as a slight against MAGIX however, the limitation on the amount of RAM useable by a program being 32-bit is standard computing operation; and the program worked great in and of itself... until my Project became a bit too complex for the limitations of a 32-bit app (my project had a fair number of Tracks and Instruments, with many FX per track. Perhaps the average user of MMM will not even run into this issue).

Thankfully, MAGIX Support was patient with me as I offered the idea to Disable the Music Maker Premium activation and put that "store money" towards MAGIX Samplitude Music Studio, which they did (Thanks again, MAGIX Support!).

Right from the start, Samplitude Music Studio stated "(64-bit)" in the installer... ah, a sigh of relief... 
Hopefully now I should not run into this "problem" again. 

I hope that everyone else is trouble-free as well

Munenushi wrote on 9/2/2016, 9:26 AM

Update 2:

So, MAGIX Support was able to give me a "Coupon" for the amount I paid for MAGIX Music Maker (Standard Version), which I used at the Checkout towards MAGIX Music Maker Premium, effectively "upgrading" to the Premium version... (Thanks, MAGIX Support!)

Unfortunately, it appears that even the Premium version is not a 64-bit application... 

My computer is:

• a 64-bit processor (CPU)
  • with 64-bit Windows (OS)

but the program (Music Maker Premium) is detected and runs as a 32-bit program:

Hmm that looks pretty small, here is the Task Manager for Windows, zoomed in from the above image:

As you can see, it shows the application as a 32-bit program... which entered "Not Responding" Mode ("crashed") when attempting to access more than 3GB of System Memory (RAM). 

This information is not meant as a slight against MAGIX however, the limitation on the amount of RAM useable by a program being 32-bit is standard computing operation; and the program worked great in and of itself... until my Project became a bit too complex for the limitations of a 32-bit app (my project had a fair number of Tracks and Instruments, with many FX per track. Perhaps the average user of MMM will not even run into this issue).

Thankfully, MAGIX Support was patient with me as I offered the idea to Disable the Music Maker Premium activation and put that "store money" towards MAGIX Samplitude Music Studio, which they did (Thanks again, MAGIX Support!).

Right from the start, Samplitude Music Studio stated "(64-bit)" in the installer... ah, a sigh of relief... 
Hopefully now I should not run into this "problem" again. 

I hope that everyone else is trouble-free as well

Not sure why my images didn't work there... but for those interested there those two are again:

and the zoomed-in version

Munenushi wrote on 9/15/2016, 5:32 PM

Update 3:

If anyone experiences "memory errors" repeatedly and wishes to have more 'room to work' with RAM, then it is recommended to use the Samplitude line of products, as they are natively 64-bit.

MAGIX was very helpful, both in finalizing the assumption of how the program works and assisting me in 'switching' to their other music creation product.  I hope this information, overall, helps others as well 

nicehair wrote on 3/24/2023, 3:18 PM

Using windows 11 , 64bit with 16gb memory and using Magix audio cleaning or the Prenium one and goes "out of memory" . I cannot no longer load any more than 30 tracks and I have given up should i put in the bin Magix or Windows 11. Or both .....im so fed up with both sides ...Crap ! .

emmrecs wrote on 3/24/2023, 5:01 PM

@nicehair

You have posted to a thread first created in 2016 about an older version of the software. Please do not resurrect such old threads but create a new thread with your question please.

This thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam