Comments

shintobi wrote on 5/29/2018, 4:34 AM

Hi brian-macarevey,

after installation and activation, there is a menu item in the Help menu where you can download and install the Instruments & Loop Collections:

There is also a context menu in the Explorer, with which one can create the Loop Collections as favorites, in order to be able to access them comfortably:

After that, ACID Pro 8 is completely installed.

Best Regards,

\Tobi

PhotonBoy wrote on 8/9/2018, 3:21 PM

HI, I've registered, downloaded , and installed AP8, but,

The Download Instruments & Loop Collections option under help does nothing.

I have closed and relaunched AP8, and everything else appears working (so far) except that "The Media Manager is not installed." is reported when I go to that tab.

Please help. Thanks

PhotonBoy wrote on 8/11/2018, 10:30 AM

A follow up (for anyone else searching for this problem) after getting a response from name removed by Moderator in Technical Support,

Administrator Rights when launching AP8 was the solution:

"In order to download the loops and instruments you require administrative rights, so running ACID as administrator might allow the download to start.

Because of licensing issues Media Manager is not available on ACID Pro 8. If you had it from a previous version, like ACID Pro 7, you can use it on the 32bit ACID 8."

cjniel1 wrote on 7/2/2019, 7:06 PM

Shintobi,

Thank you for your kind reply to brian-macarevey's question. I too am looking for the folder that contains all of the Acid Pro 8's vsit instruments and Loops that I downloaded from under the help tab. However, the images you posted answering brian-macarevey's question are too small for me to see what folder you showed him. I tried using my brower's zoom feature to make the images larger to get a better look, but the definition of the image on my monitor is still too poor to see the images clearly. Could you please post the Windows tree directory path that would lead me to the vsti and loop locations. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

CJ

cjniel1 wrote on 7/2/2019, 7:25 PM

Shintobi, I used to have Acid Pro 7, prior to my upgrade to 8. In Acid Pro 7, I easily found a VST Folder under the "Programs" file. After my installation of Acid Pro 8, I could not find such a folder under the Programs extension. Is that how it should be?

Thank again,

Sincerely,

CJ

emmrecs wrote on 7/3/2019, 3:00 AM

@cjniel1

You may not be aware that these are user to user forums, not a direct link to Magix support. Also you have posted to a thread which is nearly a year old!

In order to contact @shintobi (I strongly suspect he will not see your post) or any other Magix staff member I would suggest you open a support ticket by clicking on the Contact button in the footer of every forum page and following the instructions there.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Wiiplashh wrote on 8/28/2021, 6:25 PM

Okay.. but wheres the corefx and essentialfx the suite comes with?