Missing templates on the Photostory 2013

helensnow wrote on 4/8/2013, 6:54 AM

Hello,
I downloaded this software after watching the intro video and reading up about the templates. Its exactly what i am looking for. However, there is just one template in the trial.

How on earth can anyone possibly test out the software if the key selling point is missing.  I basically downloaded a 400Mb piece of nothing. I am unable to test out the key feature that would, if anything, set this apart from all the freeware photo slide makers out there.  By the way I am mopre than happy to pay for good software, I often donate to companies who make freeware too!

I am sick and tired of "Downloading so called free trials" that do not tell you before the mamouth download and install that the software is crippled in multiple ways...which will waste your time and put you further behind.  And I am sick and tired of going through the hoops to buy software only to have to get a refund as it is too hard to use.

Just once, Just once  it would be so nice to find a company that would put up a banner on the website download page that says "this trial software has been crippled in the followng ways....."  I mean is that so hard,  if Magix need the HTML code to display that warning, I am more than happy to provide that free of charge.

Yes I am mad, but I will get over it when I find another compamny that can at least be open and upfront...No wonder open source is so popular as thre is nothing to hide.

Jeepers..back to the search engine...pass me the asprin
Helen snow

Comments

kayrez wrote on 5/9/2013, 6:19 PM

to any perspective downloaders, don't waste your time.  the sample movie they show was not created by the actual software so you can't make anything like it.

from my perspective as the customer, the program is lacking some functionality, and when ever i sent a message to the support team, the answer is "oh, thats in the full version" but like the above thread... how are you supposed to test a broken version? 

here are some examples:
1. i cannot functionally add a comment bubble.  (and the exe patch your rep sent me crashed my installation)
2. the travel route animation doesn't fly over the international date line.
3. A rep named Marie just sent me an email saying"Yes, it is a trial and limited in function.