MEP15 problems with software

cari427 wrote on 3/24/2009, 10:14 PM
Just purchased MEP 15. trial download, then paid for it and had to be sent a code thru email since it would not activate.   When it works, I love it.  But it does weird stuff that I don't know how it was turned on or how to turn off!  It's driving me to drink (more than usual -LOL!)
Example 1; I have a slide show I have been working on.  Now It will only start playing from very start.  I cannot set a play range anymore.  Cannot set end marker for range from buttons or Edit menu.  I opened a new movie and  can set play range.  reopened saved movie and still cannot start from anywhere but beginning.
Example 2 I saved a animated title - renamed it to something different.  Then  every time I clicked a button for effects it kept pasting that title at the end of the slideshow.  I closed and reopened several times.  Finally deleted the saved file and that seemed to fix the problem.
Example 3; still can't find where&how to download Mpeg4 codec.  Directions in help are incorrect.   There is no "order online" in my help menu.  Example 4 trying to grab top rt handle to fade out file.  I can get the double arrow but have to click over and over before I can finally move this.  Same with trying to move file, have to clic over and over to finally get the pinching fingers icon so I can slide it to the side.  Also when I right click sometimes I have to click it 20 times before themenu finally stays open.  It flashes but does not stay open. Is there a reset button anywhere (other than a reboot)? I am wasting HOURS and HOURS trying to undo or fix a problem!  I am actually a first level computer support tech so I do have some computer knowledge (Although video editing is new to me).

Comments

Lazerboy wrote on 3/25/2009, 3:09 AM
you fight a tough fight :-). And I really know what you are talking about. It is hard to believe, but many of your problems are mistakes in handling and only a few are bugs. There is no "reset" button and I do not think that you waste time. You learn more and more about the product and video editing in general. The next project will be much faster :-))). Still I do not undrestand your MPEG4 problem. Do you have MEP 15 PLUS? You can activate MPEG4 only when you use it, means please chose an option to export in MPEG4 (in the menu). If you have registered before you will be asked to unlock online now, click yes and it is done....
siglersmalz wrote on 3/26/2009, 2:27 AM
As you know, MEP 15 is brand new, and has headed out into a new direction (program wise) from MEP 14 and earlier.  You may very well be dealing with bugs.

You should go to the older Magix support forum because it is monitored by some of the best MEP experts, and some Magix support people, too.

http://support.magix.net/boards/magix/index.php?showforum=128

The best thing is to register, then search for your issues.  It is very common to find your issue already discussed on that forum.

Then, feel free to start a new thread if you can't find the answer(s) you need.

Good luck!