MEP and-or VDL

asoeli wrote on 9/16/2009, 4:31 PM
I'm wondering, what is the difference between those 2 editions?
Here in Scandinavia Magix only offers us MEP 14 now, not the plus-version. Perhaps they regard us as being "Stone-age citizens".  Mep 14 is out of sale in other countries, as far as I can see. We must "go abroad" to find newer editions.
I feel confused at all those editions. In USA you can get MEP 15 Plus Spes. with a PC check included, in England MEP 15 Plus without PC-check, to a higher price than in USA. Are they identical?
In Germany they have 3 different VDL's, number 16. Are they next generation of 15? Can we compare VDL with MEP, so MEP 15 and VDL 15 is the same?
Do they sell VDL 16 in English version, or is it in German only? The "best" no. 16 has Mercalli included.
I was just wondering, what to choose ?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 9/17/2009, 2:12 AM
Hi there,

Video Deluxe and Movie Edit Pro are absolutely the same product line. MEP is what mainly the English language release is usually called and VDL is what the product is called in pretty much every other language that it is released in. So, Movie Edit Pro 15 would be the same as Video Deluxe 15.

It is true that an English language version of generation 16 is not available yet. Germany usually gets a little head start before the products are localized. Not sure what the rationale is behind selling a slightly older version of the program through the Scandinavian webshop. Doesn't make much sense to me. However, I'm positive it would be fine if you just ordered through the Magix UK webshop, even if you want a disc. If that fails, I'm sure you could find some other software mailorder that would be glad to ship Movie Edit Pro 15 to any international location, e.g. by running a search for the product on eBay UK.