Magix Photo Designer 7 - Silver Edition

Ann-KP wrote on 2/27/2021, 12:36 PM

I do not want to upgrade to the Xara Photo Designer. I do not like it. It reminds me of Photo Shop which i do not like at all.

My question is "How do I add in effects & effect brushes into my Photo Designer 7". I have placed it in the brushes folder but to no avail ..I have placed also tried the main folder. Its not working. I would like to add effects such as "smoke" to my graphics...Where do I put them....it says they are Photo Shop brushes.. They are "abr. " extensions.

I know Magix is compatible with Photo Shop... I've been using Magix since 2010 and find it so much more simpler then any program out there...Please help

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/27/2021, 2:00 PM

@Ann-KP

Hi and welcome to the forum

. . . .How do I add in effects & effect brushes into my Photo Designer 7". I have placed it in the brushes folder but to no avail ..I have placed also tried the main folder. Its not working. I would like to add effects such as "smoke" to my graphics...Where do I put them....it says they are Photo Shop brushes.. . . . .

Place the Photoshop plug-ins in a folder of your choice - I would suggest within your Documents folder - and then in Photo & Graphic Designer (XPGD) use the program options dialog shown below to point XPGD to that folder.

. . . . I do not want to upgrade to the Xara Photo Designer. I do not like it. It reminds me of Photo Shop which i do not like at all. . . .

The current version of Photo & Graphic Designer interface is the same design as version 7 - see one of the Introductory videos here.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/27/2021, 2:01 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.