Magix Online Photo / Video Album Performance?

RP1000 wrote on 10/11/2015, 11:50 AM

I am thinking about purhasing the premium version of Magix Online Photo / Video Album in order to embed a few of my videos on my website. Does anybody have any eperience of the perfomance of this service before I spend my money.

I wont have many people looging onto my site simultaneusly to watch my short videos.

How doe it perform compared to Youtube embedding ? any latency?

Can I choose the thumbnail for the clip that appears on my site?

Can I resize an embedded video, any known issues

Is the price of 1.99 per month the truth or are there hidden costs, ie I have already noticed a 9.99 cost for email domain the the small print! 

Any general info you have would be gratefully received. I just want to use it to embed 5 short clips on my website and not have the distraction of other videos coming up after mine is watched like Youtube has.

Thanks.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 10/12/2015, 8:34 AM

Hi,

The price of 1.99/month includes one domain with 5 email addresses, the Online album, and some other stuff as you can see on the website.

Each year, you will be advised that you will be charged for the next year or you have to advise Magix to cancel. Cancelling cancels payment for the domain name as well as the Online album.

I use the Online album for publishing and sharing my photo albums and videos. Quality/speed depend on your internet connection. I use a near high definition export for my videos and have not had any problems. The album can be password protected or not, meaning that you can have albums or videos that are accessible to the public with no un/pw, and others where the user has to login.

Yes, you can select the image for the video - usually done in the video program. The same image will show up in Windows Explorer icons. I presume that your web software uses the same image, but maybe not.

I don't know about resizing the video. I presume that this is a function of your web design program. Normally a user can select full screen.

I use Xara (belongs to Magix) to create and modify my website.

I use the domain for something other than publishing videos and photos.

I haven't tried linking an album or video from my Online album to my website. I'll have to try it to see how it works. Maybe someone else here has done this.

EDIT: Just did a quick test and I'll try another one. The video address opens the video within the album, not just the video. I'll try something else, but this is likely not what you want. For your case, you may be better off to upload the videos with your website if your domain space allows it.

Lastly, you can try out the Online album for 30 days, money-back guarantee. 

Last changed by browj2 on 10/12/2015, 8:57 AM, changed a total of 3 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

RP1000 wrote on 10/12/2015, 11:31 AM

Thats a great answer thank you. I also use Xara Web Designer for my website. 

Just to clarify, are you saying that you have not been able to embed a video onto your site that is hosted on the Magix Online Album without the online album opening up and playing from that when you click it? ie you cant embed properly and the person is taken away from your site when you play the video?

The reason I am looking to embed video via a third party host (like youtube, vimeo, or magix online album) is because when I tried uploading video to my own server space playing via the video player Xara provides it was so slow to buffer and playback it was just useless. Hence seeking a cost effective third party host that does not run adverts or divert my customers to the next similar video. I dont want to use Youtube for that reason. Vimeo for commercial use is frankluy a rip off at an opportunist monoply price of £150 quid per year (just to host five short vids in my case) , so the Magix online album I though might be an option for me. 

I did notice the small print, that YOU have to notify Magix to cancel. I trust the at least send a courtesy reminder at the end of the year before taking your money. 

browj2 wrote on 10/12/2015, 5:06 PM

I received at least 3 messages from Magix tell me that: "our "Online Album PREMIUM" contract will be automatically renewed in 10 weeks," then a few weeks before, and then a few days before, and to make sure that my payment information was up to date.

If you purchased Xara WD11, you may have received an offer for one year's worth of hosting. Magix is in the process of changing the online stuff over to Magix, but their marketing has gotten ahead of the technical work. If you have the Xara access, you could try putting your videos into a dummy web site, like yourname.xara.hosting and referring to it from your main site. I think that you get about 500MB storage with Xara hosting. I haven't tried it yet.

I could not find a way to embed only my video that is in my Online Album without the container page.

Last changed by browj2 on 10/12/2015, 5:06 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos