Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/3/2024, 11:35 AM

@Clarence-Carwise

Hi and welcome to the forum.

We need more information to help diagnose the issue(s) you are having:

The specification of your computer system including Windows version and program version, see this topic for what is required, and please quote processor and graphics card make/model in full, and also what monitor/screen resolution(s) you are working with if this is a laptop.

I would suggest you put this information in your profile signature so we do not have to keep asking for it.

Are you getting any error messages, if so then please quote them in full or provide screen shots.

Are the graphics card/integrated GPU drivers up to date?

See this tutorial on diagnosing crashes using the Windows Reliability Monitor, and post any log entry that refers to Movie Studio, also known as Video Deluxe, see example below

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Ken-Stanley wrote on 9/16/2024, 9:27 PM

Similar problem here. Dell Latitude 7410 / Windows 11. My old Movie Studio 16 Platinum wouldn't run on the a new machine. Removed devices using the old thinking possibly too many registere, but eventually just paid for 2025 upgrade. Kicks back errors, won't send crash log using the app pop-up link

emmrecs wrote on 9/17/2024, 4:01 AM

@Ken-Stanley

Welcome to the Magix users forum.

First, are you aware that Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum and Magix Movie Studio 2025 are completely different programs? The latter is built on the old Magix Movie Edit Pro. Movie Studio 2025 is NOT an "update" to MS 2016, despite what Magix publicity might say!

Second, the error message you show points to the problem being one with your graphics. OpenCL is a component used by whatever graphics card or integrated GPU you have. So, as a first step, please check that your graphics and CPU drivers are fully up to date. Don't depend on Windows Update to do this for you but rather go direct to the manufacturer's website (Dell) and check there.

Further, can you follow the advice in the post directly above yours and give us ALL the information requested there, please; it really does help us (fellow-users) to help you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ken-Stanley wrote on 9/18/2024, 1:14 PM

Is it possible to have the license number deactivated and my purchase refunded? I am not in a place with reliable internet service. The time and travel isn't affordable. If I wasted money on it, so be it. But I don't intend to invest anything more since it didn't run upon installing.

emmrecs wrote on 9/18/2024, 1:58 PM

@Ken-Stanley

Yes you can apply for a refund. Assuming you bought it directly from Magix you need to send full details of your order/invoice number in an email to infoservice@magix.net and request a refund.

If you purchased it from a third-party seller you need to contact them with your refund request.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say The time and travel isn't affordable: I'm not sure what travel is involved with your purchase or refund, unless the upgrade was not direct from Magix..

Did you try any of the suggested methods to try and help you to discover what causes the specific problem for you?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ken-Stanley wrote on 9/18/2024, 2:02 PM

Yes, thanks. I just received their order receipt with full details. I wouldn't call myself a dissatisfied customer, at all. Support here is swift and thorough. Apparently, it is my machine with the problem