MAGIX Filme auf DVD TerraTec Edition (7) - No sound after using software with remote desktop - solution reinstall

canonball wrote on 5/30/2011, 2:28 PM

Servus,

I installed the software some weeks ago and have had to reinstall a couple of times because of problems.

Now I have seen a reproducable problem with sound.

In order to record from TV / SCART O must occasionally initiate this using remote desktop.

Recordings initiated with remote desktop record only the video without sound.

When I return to the PC I must reinstall the software to get the sound recording working again.

Best Wishes and Hopes

Peter Ancell

Comments

Man o' Lakes wrote on 5/31/2011, 4:33 AM

Hi there, that's a bundle you're using which terratec is actually responsilble for. You're getting strange behaviour, which might get solved by getting patches/updates/ latest drivers from the terratec site. MAGIX only officially sell their Rescue your videotapes packages, which are not the same, as they don't run terratec.

On a practical note, make sure you don't have any other USB device attached whilst trying to capture, not even a hub etc. This could help. Cheers, M o' L.

canonball wrote on 5/31/2011, 6:35 AM

Hi there, that's a bundle you're using which terratec is actually responsilble for. You're getting strange behaviour, which might get solved by getting patches/updates/ latest drivers from the terratec site. MAGIX only officially sell their Rescue your videotapes packages, which are not the same, as they don't run terratec.

On a practical note, make sure you don't have any other USB device attached whilst trying to capture, not even a hub etc. This could help. Cheers, M o' L.

Great M o' L

Thanks for the tip. I connected to Terratec, Downloaded and installed the newest drivers and software (v8). When I connected with Remote Desktop I knew my problem was solved because I could hear the audio, the quality was miserable but that's not a problem.

To test I made a recording and looked at it later. Great and Thanks.

One comment regarding USB:

I have a HUB connected to the PC. Attached to this HUB is the AV350MX and a LogiTech camera. This has caused no problems.

Man o' Lakes wrote on 6/1/2011, 1:34 AM

Well that's cool, nice to hear. The thoughts/comments concerning hub was something I noticed here/tried out myself. If it ain't 'broke' on yours, you won't need to 'fix' it so you can leave it as is.   Cheers, M o' L.