Loss of resolution on DVD show

rogernixon wrote on 1/8/2012, 4:54 PM

When I try to import a large TIFF image (3150 px x 2099 px  - 400 px” - 20cm x 13 cm - 18.9MB) into a movie show I get the following message
“The resolution of the photo is smaller than that of the disc that is currently set up.  The picture may appear out of focus as a result.”
The picture is indeed not as sharp as it appears on my computer screen when burned to a DVD and shown on the TV.
I am using Magix Photostory on CD & DVD 10.Can anyone advise what I can do to rectify the situation?
Many thanks
Roger

Comments

dizpark wrote on 1/11/2012, 3:02 AM

Roger!

I can't answer forst pqart of your question - surely the pixel size of the image is much larger thatn DVD resolution.

But about the softness of the burned DVD. One possibility is that the anti-flicker option is ruining your DVD. Try to turn of the anti-flicker option when making the DVD and see if it gets sharper.  The anti-flicker option is buried somewhere under the advanced encoder settings in the DVD making section. You can access it when pressing burn DVD symbol, then choosing the type of disk you want to burn. 

To learn more about the anti-flicker and why it is there and what are the compromises type "Anti-Flicker. To use or not to use?" in google

rogernixon wrote on 1/12/2012, 4:49 PM

Thanks Dizpark
That was helpful.  I will try to find the anti-flicker facility and turn it off to see if that improves things.
Thanks again
Roger