Comments

Mark-Kuzyk wrote on 1/1/2023, 10:16 PM

Thanks @Graham-Hawker! That appears to be what I need. However, I looked around the forum to try to find guidance on how to actually import this into music maker and I'm stuck. When I downloaded the plugin from the link you gave, there is an .mse and .dll file. Not sure what to do with these.

SP. wrote on 1/2/2023, 7:01 AM

@Mark-Kuzyk You need to tell Music Maker to load the dll as an instrument. This is done in the following way:

- Extract the 64 bit zip file. Now you'll have a dll and a subfolder with a mse file

- place the dll and the subfolder in one directory of your choice. Recommended directory names are:

C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\Sonatina Timpani

or

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\Sonatina Timpani

or

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\Sonatina Timpani

or

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Sonatina Timpani

But it's totally up to you which directory you want to use. You can also create your own.

- Now open Music Maker and open the program settings. Go to the folders tab and click on the button for the VST path settings.

- You will see the list of already included VST paths. Make sure that the directory of your plugin is listed, for example C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\. Add the directory manually if it isn't listed. Then click on the button to scan all paths.

- Music Maker should find the Sonatina Timpani. From now on your can use it like the included Vita Instruments that came with Music Maker.

- Repeat the steps which each VST instrument you want to install in the future:

1. Download the 64 bit zip, extract its contents (usually a dll file or a vst3 file) to a directory of your choice If the VST instrument comes with its own installation program you need to run it instead

2. Check if the dll/vst3 directory is already included in the Music Maker VST paths.

3. Click on the button to scan the paths.

4. Now you can use the instrument inside Music Maker.

Mark-Kuzyk wrote on 1/2/2023, 8:31 PM

Thank you @Graham-Hawker for pointing me in the direction of all these great instruments! Now I know that I can look behind the Music Maker store. And thank you @SP. for showing me how to load new instruments. It's simple and will allow me to build my base of instruments. I'm new to this and plan on getting more serious with Music Maker. Both Magix and all of you here are wonderful!!!!