Load existing project on Magix Slideshow maker 2

RekkHavoc wrote on 6/19/2016, 9:35 AM

How do I load existing project on Magix Slideshow Maker 2 so I can continue to complete my unfinished project??  Does this Slideshow Maker 2 have that capability??  Or do I have to finish my project in one sitting???  I see something about Cntrl +O but nothing happens when I press the two keys. 

Comments

browj2 wrote on 6/20/2016, 11:04 AM

Hi,

With which program are you using Slideshow Maker? It is not intended to be a standalone but can be.

You can save the project file on the finish screen by clicking on the disk at the top of the screen. As you have seen, normally when you get to this point you have finished. There is no way to reopen the project to edit it with Slideshow Maker (SSD). You can open it again, make a 1 photo slideshow, then go through to finish and open a previous project by clicking on the file button at the top (only available on the Finish screen), file extension .MVM. but you cannot edit it. You can only export it.

You can, however, open the MVM file with Movie Edit Pro, probably Magix PhotoStory and probably some other Magix video editing software. Upon opening the MVM file, the programs gives a warning that the format is not supported, however, they will open the slideshow for editing in the editor.Then you can use the normal editing tools to do what you want.

Last changed by browj2 on 6/20/2016, 11:04 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos