Comments

browj2 wrote on 9/22/2019, 8:34 PM

Hi,

I don't have 2013 anymore, but I have the 2019 version. This should be approximately the same.

Make sure that you are in timeline mode, not Storyboard. Click on the photo. Click on the Effects tab, There you should see View & Animation and below it Size & Position. Click on it. Here you have all of the tools that you need to learn about. You can zoom in, but the best is to type in the width, presumably 1920 if you are working in full HD (1920x1080), Enter. The height will automatically change. Now drag the image in the preview monitor to show the part of the image that you want. Of course, some of the top and/or bottom will be cut off. For position, left should be set as 0.

I suggest that you read up on all of this in the manual, as modifying the size & position and keyframing is a big part of editing videos.

You may also want to review some Movie Edit Pro tutorial about this. It's the same.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

william-g6978 wrote on 9/24/2019, 10:36 AM

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. As you suggest, as a novice, I'm going to spend some time to read up on this subject in the manual when time permits. In the meantime, it's nice to know that the possibility is there. Thank you again for your help.

Hi,

I don't have 2013 anymore, but I have the 2019 version. This should be approximately the same.

Make sure that you are in timeline mode, not Storyboard. Click on the photo. Click on the Effects tab, There you should see View & Animation and below it Size & Position. Click on it. Here you have all of the tools that you need to learn about. You can zoom in, but the best is to type in the width, presumably 1920 if you are working in full HD (1920x1080), Enter. The height will automatically change. Now drag the image in the preview monitor to show the part of the image that you want. Of course, some of the top and/or bottom will be cut off. For position, left should be set as 0.

I suggest that you read up on all of this in the manual, as modifying the size & position and keyframing is a big part of editing videos.

You may also want to review some Movie Edit Pro tutorial about this. It's the same.

John CB