Keeping page width the same when changing length

Richard-Powell wrote on 1/6/2021, 8:37 AM

I have WebDesigner Premium and have just created a new site. Most of it was done, but on one page I needed more length. So in the menu 'Page size', I am offered the options of 970, 760, 640 or Custom. It seems like if you want to change page length here you have to choose custom, because with all the others, width and height are greyed out.

When I started with this site I chose 960, but since I chose custom for one of my pages, the width seems to be different than all the other pages.

What do I do to get the page width on the whole site the same again, but leaving the lengths as they are now? I know now that one can drag page lengths up or down, but that doesn't make the widths all the same.

I use Windows 10, latest version and the latest version of WebDesigner.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/6/2021, 2:49 PM

@Richard-Powell

Hi

For the page length issue, I would suggest you use the Push option, see Help or the manual, when applied to objects on the page it ensures that they do not overlap and enables the page length to grow as you add objects and apply Push to them.

I would also suggest you do this for all pages / objects where appropriate this way the page length will also contract, if possible, and eliminate blank space at the bottom above the footer which viewers may think has something missing..

To reset the page width apply the preset you used before for the page properties - I would suggest you use the Push option first.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Richard-Powell wrote on 1/6/2021, 3:20 PM

Hello, John and thanks for your help. I have used WebDesigner for 6 or 7 years but never heard of push before. Although I haven't used the Push option which you describe, I did try to reset the original preset. Unfortunately it tells me that all the pages are 960, evben though I definitely applied Custom to one of them. On the screen in the Designer, one of them is definitely still wider. Any chance I could send my file to you for a look? Everything else is placed okay on the layout.

Richard-Powell wrote on 1/7/2021, 8:31 AM

What I'm trying to do is to make the vertical white lines at the top part of the picture (on page 1) the same width as the vertical lines at the bottom of the picture (on page 2). That's all. The layout is as I want it.

johnebaker wrote on 1/7/2021, 3:13 PM

@Richard-Powell

Hi

I am not sure how you managed to achieve that - I assume this is the page that you originally widened and reset to the same width as the others.

I have tried to replicate this and cannot get this to occur other than setting the page width - check that the page width setting is the same width as the others.

If you hover your mouse over the left and right vertical lines you may get a double headed arrow with which you can drag the lines into position, this will however close up the spaces between the content and you may need to reduce the size of the image if it is too big.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Richard-Powell wrote on 1/7/2021, 3:20 PM

HI John, I'm sure I managed only by immense skill, since you don't know how to do it! :-) I've tried the double headed arrow thing, but those white lines seem to be completely non-moveable. Do you know how to get in touch with the technical assistance people? It used to be easy, but I can't find that any more.

emmrecs wrote on 1/8/2021, 4:01 AM

@Richard-Powell

To contact Support, go to this page and open a Support ticket.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Richard-Powell wrote on 1/8/2021, 4:07 AM

Thanks, Jeff. :-)