Just installed Version 9

Former user wrote on 6/13/2019, 10:32 PM

I dumped some money on version 8, got disappointed and went back to Ableton. Then you wanted more money for version 9, this time I tried the trial, with which you only get one chance for 30 days and thats it. You cant re-install it.

So paid another 99 bucks and installed version 9, of course, immediately it should have been ready to go but no, can't find half of the plugins, synths, who knows what the catch is.

Anyway, many of the issues still remain!!! COME ON!

When rendering in place, it keeps going back to the default folder, instead of last saved folder. Can't bounce (Freeze) midi to Audio! The playhead is non-existent in piano roll so I keep going back to Ableton to make the sounds and bring them back into Acid. Where is the consolidate feature? Like if I have bunch of sounds and want to clump them together instantly and make a loop, the only option is to render them and re-import the loop into Acid.

Its a run-around to get a Midi instrument, sheppo said it was being looked into in version 8!!

I am not gonna type any further, Magix, come on, I paid you AGAIN, can you please fix these issues so this DAW is usable?

If I am the only one with problems, I will shut up and eat the $100 bill but come on. I want to use this DAW again, but you guys aren't making much progress here.

Comments

anthony-james wrote on 6/14/2019, 12:01 AM

Where is the consolidate feature? Like if I have bunch of sounds and want to clump them together instantly and make a loop, the only option is to render them and re-import the loop into Acid.

Agreed... At least with multiple midi files on the timeline you can use the "Join" command...

Just extend the use of that function to audio clips as well.... Simple

Former user wrote on 6/14/2019, 12:54 AM

Where is the consolidate feature? Like if I have bunch of sounds and want to clump them together instantly and make a loop, the only option is to render them and re-import the loop into Acid.

Agreed... At least with multiple midi files on the timeline you can use the "Join" command...

Just extend the use of that function to audio clips as well.... Simple

Thank you, and this is just one of many issues still pending. I hope they don't charge anymore money for itty-bitty updates. Man I already feel awful for buying this update. Feel robbed yet once again.

steven-cluthe wrote on 6/14/2019, 11:14 AM

I dumped some money on version 8, got disappointed and went back to Ableton. Then you wanted more money for version 9, this time I tried the trial, with which you only get one chance for 30 days and thats it. You cant re-install it.

So paid another 99 bucks and installed version 9, of course, immediately it should have been ready to go but no, can't find half of the plugins, synths, who knows what the catch is.

Anyway, many of the issues still remain!!! COME ON!

When rendering in place, it keeps going back to the default folder, instead of last saved folder. Can't bounce (Freeze) midi to Audio! The playhead is non-existent in piano roll so I keep going back to Ableton to make the sounds and bring them back into Acid. Where is the consolidate feature? Like if I have bunch of sounds and want to clump them together instantly and make a loop, the only option is to render them and re-import the loop into Acid.

Its a run-around to get a Midi instrument, sheppo said it was being looked into in version 8!!

I am not gonna type any further, Magix, come on, I paid you AGAIN, can you please fix these issues so this DAW is usable?

If I am the only one with problems, I will shut up and eat the $100 bill but come on. I want to use this DAW again, but you guys aren't making much progress here.

steven-cluthe wrote on 6/14/2019, 11:14 AM

Dude I feel Like I could have written this. These guys rushed this release

Former user wrote on 6/14/2019, 5:49 PM

Dude I feel Like I could have written this. These guys rushed this release

Yup! I just opened the DAW, I opened Ableton on the side to make sounds, and guess what, the minimize buttons on the top right corner are buggy, too.

Man!! I feel trolled! So many bugs, I mean what was changed from version 8 to 9? The ad video says, play it like an instrument, remix, blah blah, I can't even find a drum machine. Adding a synth is still a nightmare. When the play head is moving on the arrangement window, it sits quietly in Midi editing window (piano roll) unless you do inline midi. arrrgh!!

I am kicking myself in the a*s for paying for this. didn't learn my lesson.

Former user wrote on 6/14/2019, 5:51 PM

Magix, I wanna talk to your manager! Give me my $99 dollars back! And while you are at it, pay me back for the version 8, too. 😖

anthony-james wrote on 6/15/2019, 1:49 AM

Yes I am going to ask for a refund as well...especially considering the fact that I paid exactly the same price for an "upgrade" from version 8 to 9 that new customers can get the program for now with current discounts on offer... Way to reward your existing customers Magix.

Two weeks since I purchased the "upgrade" and I still have not been able to run the program because of "error code:-57"... And no word from Magix regarding what the problem might be other than it could be a problem with connecting to the Magix server.

gastromush wrote on 6/15/2019, 4:35 PM

How's this thing going? I'm wondering wether to buy acid pro 9 or not, from what I'm reading it doesn't look too inviting...

Former user wrote on 6/15/2019, 5:09 PM

How's this thing going? I'm wondering wether to buy acid pro 9 or not, from what I'm reading it doesn't look too inviting...

its nothing but frustration, i wouldnt spend a dime on this. so dont waste your money on this. i am asking for a refund

CidBil wrote on 6/16/2019, 5:36 AM

Well, I can offer a positive note....I've had no problems with AP9 and the latest build....I've been recording a variety of projects, the most recent where I imported a WMV (wish Magix would add MP4 support) so I could score it. No problems whatsoever....all my synths and effects load (albeit sometimes a little slow), and I used several instances of a Beta plugin (emvoiceone, a vocal synth), with no issues. So in spite of some folks experiencing all kinds of issues, this user is very happy. I'll add I'm on an 8 yr. old Hp laptop with Windows 10.

Not all users are having issues....HTH

shkr wrote on 6/16/2019, 6:22 AM

Well, I can offer a positive note....I've had no problems with AP9 and the latest build....I've been recording a variety of projects, the most recent where I imported a WMV (wish Magix would add MP4 support) so I could score it. No problems whatsoever....all my synths and effects load (albeit sometimes a little slow), and I used several instances of a Beta plugin (emvoiceone, a vocal synth), with no issues. So in spite of some folks experiencing all kinds of issues, this user is very happy. I'll add I'm on an 8 yr. old Hp laptop with Windows 10.

Not all users are having issues....HTH

Same here. Running Acid 9 64bit with success on Win10. All my vsts work just fine (Acon, Boz, JST, Toneboosters, Fuse, etc.).

I try to keep things clean - I don't use x32 plugins with Acid 9 x64, only 64bit. Bridging always causes problems. I also don't import acid7 projects to acid9, only stems.

When you take a look at different daws forums there are people having problems everywhere. Because there are hundreds of computer setups and sometimes one bad written vst can bring the whole daw to its knees.

There is a demo - before buying one can test it for themselves.

gastromush wrote on 6/16/2019, 11:56 AM

Ok I understand. How important do you think coupling Acid with Soundforge is? I wonder if, when it gets to audio editing, Acid can offer enough or if it's almost mandatory having Soundforge too.

CidBil wrote on 6/16/2019, 1:02 PM

Ok I understand. How important do you think coupling Acid with Soundforge is? I wonder if, when it gets to audio editing, Acid can offer enough or if it's almost mandatory having Soundforge too.

You don't necessarily have to be tied to Soundforge for an audio editor, you could use Audacity (free btw) for that. I use it, and it works well. As far as Acid as a stand alone Audio Editor, I'm really not sure about that. Maybe someone else could answer that for you....

Former user wrote on 6/16/2019, 3:41 PM

Seems like this post lost it's way a bit and I appreciate you guys. Following are my problems with it and have been for years, which made me move on to Ableton but I am dying to come back to Acid but it's not letting me.

1. Why doesn't the playhead move in midi editor when you play it along with arrangement? Unless you are in-line midi editing, thats the only way around it.

2. Acid had a trade mark, when double clicking something in explorer, it creates a new track, and ready for you to paint, now, it prints the first loop/instance of that sample on the arrangement which is highly annoying, what if you are 5 minutes into the arrangement, you have to go back and erase that!! I HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T TAKE AWAY THE PAINT FEATURE! One of the main reasons I keep paying you guys.

3. Creating a synth track is a nightmare, gotta create a midi track, create a synth, and if you want to delete it, later to find out, its still in the mixer!

4. Why isn't there a consolidate or glue option? If I have a bunch of samples, sounds in one lane, I want to change them into a loop quickly, I can't! I have to render it, bring it back into Acid.

5. If I have a midi synth, I want to change it into audio, where is the option for that? Like in ableton, you freeze a track, then flatten it, it changes into Audio. Yes, you can render and import, but is that really a quick workflow?

6. Still can't map a midi controller quickly to every knob and key while using a controller.

7. The minimize button on top right hand corner is dead. DOESN'T WORK!

8. Just found out, zynaptique is not even included in acid pro 9, OH I am starting to hate Magix!

There are many others but I gotta run. And no, it hasn't crashed on me. Just missing standard features. I understand its in the works but at least don't charge so much for minor changes. Acid pro kicks the hell out of every other DAW for me when it comes to workflow and creativity, just hope these issues get addressed and I won't feel so bad about keep dropping money on updates.

The trial period ran out for me, didn't have enough time to go through it and made the mistake of un-installing it, when came back to it, it expired and you only get one chance! So had to pay for it.

For those having issues with this DAW, I sympathize with you. I nearly have every other DAW there is and yes, for the past 15 years, I have tried them all, but guess what, still want Acid Pro back. Ableton is great and perfect, just the lack of Paint feature alone makes me miss Acid Pro.

I will be back soon with more complaints as I run into them. I hope it all helps someone who is thinking about getting into this.

shkr wrote on 6/17/2019, 11:52 AM

It depends what you mean by 'audio editing'. If you simply need to cut/paste/normalize/slice/etc than take a look at Wavosaur - it's free and it is super fast for this kind of stuff. It also let you use your vsts and apply them. GUI not very modern but gets the job done. I use it all the time. 
As mentioned above Audacity is also free, can do a lot of things as well. It's powerful but I personally can't stand its GUI. Ocenaudio is another nice free option.
If by 'audio editing' you mean noise removal, declipping or in general postproduction than you should take a look at Sound Forge or Acon Digital Acoustica Pro or Wavelab. Payware of course.
Sound edititng in Acid is more in a 'sampler style'. You can import samples, edit them, apply fx and than resample meaning render to new track. 
So there is a lot of options :)

LooneyBinJim wrote on 6/17/2019, 12:33 PM

Acid 9 365

OMg It does not load.

shkr wrote on 6/22/2019, 2:45 PM

Seems like this post lost it's way a bit and I appreciate you guys. Following are my problems with it and have been for years, which made me move on to Ableton but I am dying to come back to Acid but it's not letting me.

1. Why doesn't the playhead move in midi editor when you play it along with arrangement? Unless you are in-line midi editing, thats the only way around it.

Yes - I can confirm this. Playhead in pianoroll doesn't follow the project.

2. Acid had a trade mark, when double clicking something in explorer, it creates a new track, and ready for you to paint, now, it prints the first loop/instance of that sample on the arrangement which is highly annoying, what if you are 5 minutes into the arrangement, you have to go back and erase that!! I HOPE YOU GUYS DON'T TAKE AWAY THE PAINT FEATURE! One of the main reasons I keep paying you guys.

Just checked it - and you are right. Double clicking wav file in Acid9 creates new channel and inserts wav at the beginning. Checked in Acid8 and it only creates a track without drawing the event. Sure a bug. I haven't noticed it earlier because I always drag my files.

3. Creating a synth track is a nightmare, gotta create a midi track, create a synth, and if you want to delete it, later to find out, its still in the mixer!

Well it always been this way in Acid right? You would prefere inserting softsynth and creating midi track for it together?

4. Why isn't there a consolidate or glue option? If I have a bunch of samples, sounds in one lane, I want to change them into a loop quickly, I can't! I have to render it, bring it back into Acid.

Yea consolidating would be great. Now you can group events but it's not the same. I come from hardware samplers so resampling/rendering is my second nature, but I get your point.

5. If I have a midi synth, I want to change it into audio, where is the option for that? Like in ableton, you freeze a track, then flatten it, it changes into Audio. Yes, you can render and import, but is that really a quick workflow?

6. Still can't map a midi controller quickly to every knob and key while using a controller.

7. The minimize button on top right hand corner is dead. DOESN'T WORK!

Hmmm, works here

8. Just found out, zynaptique is not even included in acid pro 9, OH I am starting to hate Magix!

we've got elastique timestretching. warping for sure would be cool.

There are many others but I gotta run. And no, it hasn't crashed on me. Just missing standard features. I understand its in the works but at least don't charge so much for minor changes. Acid pro kicks the hell out of every other DAW for me when it comes to workflow and creativity, just hope these issues get addressed and I won't feel so bad about keep dropping money on updates.

The trial period ran out for me, didn't have enough time to go through it and made the mistake of un-installing it, when came back to it, it expired and you only get one chance! So had to pay for it.

For those having issues with this DAW, I sympathize with you. I nearly have every other DAW there is and yes, for the past 15 years, I have tried them all, but guess what, still want Acid Pro back. Ableton is great and perfect, just the lack of Paint feature alone makes me miss Acid Pro.

I will be back soon with more complaints as I run into them. I hope it all helps someone who is thinking about getting into this.

well - you want Acid to be Ableton ;) I think time is needed for that. Acid is more like a sampler workstation with its strenghts (that you obviously can see) and its quirks. We've got to accept it and deal with it or move on to another place. Acid is fine for me, you probably need another drug :)

Taurus_1911 wrote on 6/29/2019, 6:01 PM

ACID 8.0 was so rife with malfunctions (especially projects getting corrupted to the point that you couldn't revisit them re-record tracks) that I just gave the hell up and moved over to Reaper.

Germans.

Great guns.

Great cars.

Not so much on the home DAW.

mellotronworker wrote on 6/30/2019, 12:21 AM

When rendering in place, it keeps going back to the default folder, instead of last saved folder.

Yes, I am getting this too. It's infuriating.