Comments

william-buck wrote on 4/23/2018, 6:05 AM

Okay, so far so good with the 64bit compatibility on my Win 10 64bit OS. I successfully downloaded, installed, unlocked the trial version opened up AP8 for the first time with the demo project and it played cleanly straight away. I've successfully set up my Preferences (default folders, audio device, VST folders, external controllers, etc...) and did a VST re-scan of all of my 64bit VST's. Not a single hiccup during the VST scan and it only took a few minutes. Which is no small feat considering I have about 800 64-bit VST plugins from a wide variety of vendors (UAD, Izotope, Softube, Slate, Waves, Native Instruments, etc). My UA Apollo Twin Duo is recognized and working fine along with my Behringer X-Touch controller for fader/DAW control. One small niggle, the "Media Manager" when selected says it is not installed? It was an optional feature of previous ACID Pro's (Sony/Sonic Foundry days). Is this a feature yet to be unlocked?

Otherwise, I am glad to have ACID Pro back in native 64bit and best wishes to Magix for making it happen!

Former user wrote on 4/23/2018, 6:31 AM

Its here, bought and tried it, already ran into bugs. When zoomed in, the GUI is still choppy. Piano roll when expanded had a blue screen!

Come on!!

shintobi wrote on 5/30/2018, 7:25 AM

Okay, so far so good with the 64bit compatibility on my Win 10 64bit OS. I successfully downloaded, installed, unlocked the trial version opened up AP8 for the first time with the demo project and it played cleanly straight away. I've successfully set up my Preferences (default folders, audio device, VST folders, external controllers, etc...) and did a VST re-scan of all of my 64bit VST's. Not a single hiccup during the VST scan and it only took a few minutes. Which is no small feat considering I have about 800 64-bit VST plugins from a wide variety of vendors (UAD, Izotope, Softube, Slate, Waves, Native Instruments, etc). My UA Apollo Twin Duo is recognized and working fine along with my Behringer X-Touch controller for fader/DAW control. One small niggle, the "Media Manager" when selected says it is not installed? It was an optional feature of previous ACID Pro's (Sony/Sonic Foundry days). Is this a feature yet to be unlocked?

Otherwise, I am glad to have ACID Pro back in native 64bit and best wishes to Magix for making it happen!

Hi william-buck,

you can use the original sony media manager in AP8 32 Bit, which came with AP7.

We are thinking about a 64 bit version in the future.

Best Regards,

\Tobi