Invalid authentication code

Sparkie wrote on 5/26/2022, 1:12 PM

Hi,

I have just tried to use ACID Express 7 on my old XP machine, and was prompted to register the product online. I was unable to connect to the online server so used the fallback option given as Customer support. This generated an automatic email with an authentication code. Sadly, the program rejects the code as being an invalid number!

I have tried to resolve the issue by logging in to Magix and registering the product, which I was able to do but when I attempted to authenticate it using the product code that I used to register it, I was informed that the Product has not been registered yet.

Can anyone help?

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/27/2022, 1:36 AM

@Sparkie The old Sony registration servers were disabled by Sony. Can you download the program from your Magix customer account? I believe Magix changed the program, so it connects to the Magix servers.

Sparkie wrote on 5/27/2022, 1:29 PM

@SP. Thanks for the interest, I had surmised that the registration servers were inactive. I downloaded the program via softpedia.com - this version is not available for download from magix' site. I cannot reconcile the fact that magix recognised and registered the program by sending an email with authentication code, with the fact that when I request another authentication code for that serial number identified program, it tells me that it is not yet registered! I guess I shall delete the program and find something else.

SP. wrote on 5/27/2022, 6:03 PM

@Sparkie You probably created a Magix customer account to register your version of ACID? Please visit https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/ and log into your account. Then go to "My Products" and check if you can download an installer of your program. You can also try to download it from here https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/ with your code.

Sparkie wrote on 5/30/2022, 3:19 AM

@SP. Thanks for the continued support. I downloaded a new copy of ACID Express 7.0a from softpedia.com and this time the registration went through without any problem. There must have been some kind of glitch in the previous attempts to register, but who knows! FYI, ACID Express 7.0 is not available to download from magix.

SP. wrote on 5/30/2022, 5:27 AM

@Sparkie Thanks for letting us know.