Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/14/2020, 4:06 AM

@Leonard-Lea

Hi

We need more information/clarification

. . . . and now the "print" function in Photoshop V 21.1.1 . . . .

If you have an issue with Photoshop printing then you need to be in that products forum.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Leonard-Lea wrote on 4/14/2020, 10:09 AM

So, just where is that forum, I cannot find it, are you saying it is a Adobe problem!!??

emmrecs wrote on 4/14/2020, 10:49 AM

@Leonard-Lea

Why did you not answer @johnebaker's request for more information/clarification? At the moment we have absolutely no idea about what problem is being caused to Photo and Graphic Designer by Photoshop or to Photoshop by Photo and Graphic Designer.

It is very, very highly unlikely that P&GD is causing any problem to PS, or vice versa. Since we must assume from your post that you are having problems printing form Photoshop then yes, that is something to raise as a question on the Adobe PS forum.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Leonard-Lea wrote on 4/14/2020, 10:54 AM

BUT it was fine until I loaded V17 of PG & D, so how is that not a MAGIX issue??

emmrecs wrote on 4/14/2020, 1:19 PM

@Leonard-Lea

I can only repeat here what I wrote before:

It is very, very highly unlikely that P&GD is causing any problem to PS, or vice versa.

The fact that whatever problem you are now experiencing with PS appears to have started after you installed P&GD by no means establishes a connection between the two events! How can you be so certain that installing P&GD affected PS? What about the possibility of a recent update to Windows, or even PS itself being the cause?

So no. With all due respect to you, this is NOT a Magix issue and you should visit the Adobe PS forum and describe the symptoms of the problem there. Have you actually checked whether other users of PS might be experiencing similar problems, whether or not they also have P&GD?

BTW, we are still being forced by the lack of information from you to assume you have difficulty printing from PS.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Leonard-Lea wrote on 4/14/2020, 2:55 PM

Well I am glad that you are standing firmly behind the product. I was led to my thought because I tried to print an image that I have printed many times in PS and this image failed to print within hours of purchasing the PG&D upgrade. I have been a user of Xara products ever since they started out as a small company in England. Your attitude to my issue is not what I expected and your "bolded" comment, that you do not have enough information from me is surprising as I do not recall you requesting any.

I have been a promoter of this Xara program for many years, but your, almost, hostile response to my question will probably make me less inclined to promote Magix in the future.

emmrecs wrote on 4/14/2020, 4:33 PM

@Leonard-Lea

I apologise if you felt my post was "hostile" but as I wrote it is highly unlikely that the installation of one software would adversely affect the performance of an unrelated app from a different manufacturer. As to you being surprised that additional information was needed from you I would simply ask that you carefully reread the whole thread.

As to "standing firmly behind the product", it seems you believe I work for Magix or Xara. I don't! Like all the forum moderators I am simply another user.

Jeff

Leonard-Lea wrote on 4/14/2020, 5:04 PM

Hi Jeff, Then I apologize, I was not clear, and I am now, that you are the forum moderator and not necessarily an employee of Xara or Magix. By the way, I did look back in this thread and only found a note from JohneBaker saying that more information and clarification was needed. No clue as to what that might be.

I have a background of a few decades in high tech semiconductor technology, but am not computer person other that as a user since before desktops were normal. I have, by the way, figured out the issue, by reinstalling both of the suspect programs, why I had the issue, now I do not know, but I think it is fixed. Fingers crossed.

johnebaker wrote on 4/15/2020, 3:42 AM

@Leonard-Lea

Hi

If Photoshop has a printing problem that appears to have arisen after installing the PG&D upgrade then, IMHO, this is pure coincidence.

Photoshop has a known history of printing issues - a quick search of the Internet for 'Phostoshop printing issues' would in the first result give a link to this topic.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.