Information showing in My Products on devices activation (2 sites)

Richard-Guenette wrote on 4/19/2023, 8:07 PM

Hello Magix Support,

Before I do the 2nd installation on my laptop, I am setting up my PC Tower MAGIC Music Maker 2023 Premium with all options.

It is installed and registered and working well – BUT – I do not see site activation listed (0 site in use)

Question 1: Before moving forward with the 2nd installation, is there a way I can make the update.

Note: All is working well for the activation of Sound Forge Audio Studio 12 (1 of 2 is in use)

Question 2: At the time of the second installation on the laptop - Should I reenter the same serial number for MAGIC Music Maker 2023 Premium and Sound Forge Audio Studio 12

Checking the Support WEB site, I was not able to find/or/not saw the answer to those questions.

Thank you so much for your reply

Richard Guénette

Comments

browj2 wrote on 4/19/2023, 9:59 PM

@Richard-Guenette

Hi Richard,

Let's start with Music Maker because it's a special case. Music Maker is free, so all you have to do is download and install what is called the Free or Trial version. Then, just log in and the program will automatically detect any and all Editions that have been activated. There is no need to activate again; in fact, if you do, you will be told that it has already been activated. Some features and presets will start getting installed and unlocked, the remainder will show up under Downloads and you'll have to download and install everything - Soundpools, Instruments, etc.

Watch this:

In your account, Music Maker (31) shows up as 0 as you have indicated, because it's free. There will be other entries for the Editions, each with a S/N and number of devices.

Now for Sound Forge Audio Studio 12. I presume that you have no serial number for this. That is because it comes with the Premium Edition and shows up under Downloads for you to download and install. No S/N required.

Last point, if you any Soundpools obtained prior to the Store being added to Music Maker or any purchased through Producer Planet, you will have to copy those over from their locations on the first machine. They are managed by you, not the program.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Richard-Guenette wrote on 4/20/2023, 2:13 PM

Thank you so much for your reply (browj2 - John CB),

Sorry for the confusion not providing sufficient informations.

I understand regarding the free version. Great to know that Musi Maker (31) refers to it. Good about the automatic installation of some features and presets. For Soundpools, I am responsible to manage them.

In my case I purchased Upgrade Music Maker 2023 Premium including the DVD backup on 20230323 - I got the email with a serial number and invoice details. (I already owned the Music Maker 2017 Premium Steam Edition) .

Frist I uninstalled all of Music Maker 2017. Installed Music Maker 2023. At program start first screen, I did put the received serial number - I see under All activated Music Maker Editions: MUSIC MAKER PREMIUM 2023. Just in case today as a test, I did reenter the same serial number from the tower and got the message: ''You already own all content from this serial number. You can download this from the Store.''

I am trying to update/synchronized My Products list - MUSIC MAKER 2023 PREMIUM - with the serial number I paid for to make it legit for product activation.

NOTE: About Sound Forge Audio Studio 12, I got it from the download inside application. After installation, I did receive an email with a serial number which I used at the first program start. That did update My Products list with 1 site activation (from 2) with my tower OS, CPU and RAM info.

Thank you again for your time - I am standing bye for advice

Richard Guénette

Richard-Guenette wrote on 5/3/2023, 8:41 AM

Hello browj2 - John CB,

I am standing by for any advice. Thank you so much

Richard Guénette

browj2 wrote on 5/4/2023, 7:11 AM

@Richard-Guenette

Hi Richard,

I'm not sure what you are waiting for.

I am trying to update/synchronized My Products list - MUSIC MAKER 2023 PREMIUM - with the serial number I paid for to make it legit for product activation.

You don't have to do anything. As soon as you activated the Premium Edition 2023 serial number, it is added to your account, assuming that you don't have 2 accounts. An account uses your email address. If you activated something using a different email address, then you will end up with 2 accounts, which is a no no.

To install on a second computer, just download and install the free/trial version. Update to the latest patch, if it shows up. As soon as you log in, your activated Editions will show up on the list and everything to which you're entitled will be unlocked and a whole bunch of stuff will show up under Downloads for you to download and install. This includes Soundpools. There is no need to activate an Edition a second time. If you try, the program will indicate that you have already activated the Edition.

Most everything that I just indicated is shown in the video. I suggest that you watch it again. For more detailed info, watch the 2022 version of my Getting Started in MM tutorial.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 5/4/2023, 7:12 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Richard-Guenette wrote on 5/5/2023, 8:12 AM

Thank you so much. Sincerely. I will go forward with that.

Richard Guénette

browj2 wrote on 5/5/2023, 8:38 AM

@Richard-Guenette

Hi Richard,

Just a note, I think that the only thing that I didn't show in the tutorial is activating my SN when I got Premium Edition 2023. The main purpose was to show that the program and Editions are separate and that you could upgrade the program without paying for an Edition.

I do show activating an Edition in the previous tutorial on Getting Started in 2021.

Also, when you install Music Maker on a second computer for the first time, your Soundpools and Instruments are not already there, whereas when you upgrade, they already exist. The program recognizes them. If they are not there, you have to download and install everything. If you have any Soundpools purchased separately through Producer Planet or prior to the existence of the Store, then you have to copy these over manually. The program doesn't know that they exist.

John CB

John C.B.