Comments

SP. wrote on 8/25/2022, 5:56 AM

@Ireneusz-Kopczynski What do you want to accomplish? That the open Hi Hat sound on A#2 stops as soon as you press F#2?

What sample mode are you using for your A#2 sample? "One shot" plays the sample always from start to end. So you need to select "sample" if you want to stop the sound earlier. This will stop the playback as soon as you lift the finger from the key A#2, depending on the release time settings in the volume ADSR settings.

You could also place your F#2 closed Hi Hat sample on the same key and tell it to play in sample mode "note off". Then it gets triggered at the same time as the open Hi Hat sample stops.

Or you could place open Hi Hat and closed Hi Hat on the same key and trigger them I different velocity ranges, for example closed Hi Hat from 0-63 and open Hi Hat from 64-127.

Ireneusz-Kopczynski wrote on 8/25/2022, 6:13 AM

I don't know if we understood each other well. My point is to make the sound of the open Hi Hat (A # 2) silent when you press the closed Hi Hat (F # 2) just like on Independence ready-made drum kits. All the samples I have uploaded to Independence are set to "One shot" mode. I think there is a function that needs to be run in order for the key where the Hi Hat sample is closed to stop the sample of an open Hi Hat.

SP. wrote on 8/25/2022, 6:32 AM

@Ireneusz-Kopczynski Ok, I looked at the drum kits, and the Hi Hats are placed on their own section. You can do this by selecting all Hi Hat samples and then right clicking -> create new section for selected audio files. Then you can see and select this section by clicking on the "Content" button in the top right corner. They will appear in a small window on the left side. You can select multiple sections by holding CTRL. This "Content" button is also available on the "Modules" page where you can now change the settings for the selected sections. These are the settings for Hi Hats:

I also found this in the manual on page 73.

To achieve the so-called „hihat effect“ with a self created drum kit, select your hihat Section in the „select“ pull-down menu or the Content Browser. Enter the value „1“ into the input filed „key/sel.“ (keys per selection). Now play the hihat Zones on your keyboard (or another MIDI controller) and you will notice that always when you play a new note the prior one gets interrupted. In addition you can assign the fade-out time for the prior note with the „sel. rel.“ (selection release) parameter.

So, you basically make the Hi Hat samples monophonic.

Ireneusz-Kopczynski wrote on 8/25/2022, 6:40 AM

Many thanks for your help. I'm starting to act. 👍👍👍

Ireneusz-Kopczynski wrote on 8/26/2022, 2:16 AM

Hello.
Thank you very much for your help. Now everything works as it should. It was about changing only one parameter that I marked in the picture.
I cordially greet you and have a nice day.
Irek Kopczynski.