Increase Page Load Speed for SEO

Joy-Banks wrote on 3/18/2021, 6:21 PM

I have created a website for a client using Xara Designer Pro X. Their SEO Marketing team has some issues and needs answers to the questions below. I quote them...

"Page Load Speed Observations:

1. The initial page load is held up by render-blocking libraries of CSS and JavaScript. Is there a way for us to either combine these into a single call, defer them to not be render-blocking, or optimize them in any way?
  2. Is there a way to leverage a more efficient caching policy to cache these assets for return users?
  3. Leveraging sprites for iconography."

Thank you for your response that I can share.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/19/2021, 7:42 AM

@Joy-Banks

Hi

Web Page Designer like many other website design programs does not create the site HTML until it is 'published', this reduces the control you have, other than manual editing* after the site is published, over the javascript and CSS encoding and attribute settings to control delivery to the viewer.

I suspect they are looking at Googles PageSpeed Insights analysis of the website - for more information see here and to test the site go here and for general information on fixing blocking see here

* manual editing is, IMO, not a viable option as you would have to do this every time the site is modified/published.

Depending on the site requirements eg user logins, online shop, frequency of change, marketing making changes/updating etc, using Web Designer may not be the best option.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.