Comments

Former user wrote on 5/12/2009, 2:33 AM
Hi, this is not possible cause of security. ciao!
ralftaro wrote on 9/17/2009, 10:51 AM
Hi,

It all depends what exactly you're after. I think you're possibly getting different things mixed up here. There's a difference between implementing an application on your website (e.g. SWF) that will perform the display of photos (which also have to be hosted on the site) for you in real-time and a ready-made, encoded motion video clip (e.g. FLV) that shows a slide show that was created in a suitable software prior to the upload to your site. While you won't be able to embed your own Flash-based playback application on the site, this is also not necessary since Magix already provides the suitable components for that as part of Website Maker. You can put together a media player and put your uploaded photos into it. Find this component in the "Objects" panel of the program. The photos will be displayed on the published site.

Uploading a completely encoded motion video slide show that you have already created (e.g. in PhotoStory or Movie Edit Pro) would also be possible. You need to upload it into Website Maker through the upload command and drag it into the actual site. It will be played back through a little video player widget on your final website. FLV is not supported as a video upload format. However, if you opt for a suitable format like WMV, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4/H.264, you will be fine.

I hope this helps. Please post again if you need more detailed advice on either of the two options mentioned above.

MillRealty wrote on 9/23/2009, 12:19 PM
It appears that WM will now allow GIF formats, now.  But, not animated GIF's that I would like to use.  Select Other when uploading.