Ii have a JVC miniDV camcorder.

Videoman11 wrote on 12/10/2008, 11:03 PM
Everytime I set it up to "record" into the program, I get a "Crash Guard" window that displays an "ACCESS VIOLATION" message. How do I configur the program to read my camera? The camera uses the composite cable of video, Right & left. It has an ilink 4-oin port as well. I do not have that cable to do a transfer.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/11/2008, 9:46 AM
Hi there,

If this is a miniDV camera, you should use the iLink connection on the camera. That's basically just another name for FireWire. So, you will need a FireWire/DV cable and a FireWire controller/socket on your system. If your computer is not equipped with one yet, just get a simple FireWire controller plug-in card. Definitely worth the money and definitely a basic requirement for digital video editing with a miniDV camera. Once the camera is connected via FireWire and in play mode, you need to use the DV capture option in the program to get into the capture dialog.

Not sure what it is about the crash you're describing. I assume you might have tried to access the analog capture dialog and the program is not really compatible with your TV/analog card or some other video device in the system. Just switch to FireWire and everything will probably be good.

I hope this helps.