If you are unsure, use the trial

sheppo wrote on 6/13/2022, 8:52 AM

Just as a reminder, for the newly released Acid Pro 11 there is a trial version available. It appears fully featured, runs for 30 days and comes with all the plugins listed on the Acid Pro 11 product page.

My normal advice for any product, by any developer is to try before you buy. That advice is relevant here.

Comments

Former user wrote on 6/13/2022, 11:07 PM

I did down load the AP11 trial and ran it through it's paces. In the end, ALL the bugs and random crashes that we saw in AP10 are still there. Carry On.

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 6/13/2022, 11:12 PM

I did down load the AP11 trial and ran it through it's paces. In the end, ALL the bugs and random crashes that we saw in AP10 are still there. Carry On.

God! And they shamelessly asked for more money. Even if you upgrade, $119. Wow.

jocker-boy wrote on 6/14/2022, 6:36 AM

I Have download.The first hours of work with a simple DJ mix and on a clean morphpad-get off, Acid it works the same as on the AP10 version, I didn't add any vst plugins.After adding the EQ Audio Unit and Master Desk Brainworks to the master bus, the DAW crashed immediately, a problem sending window to Magix appeared and the Acid Pro 11 crashed..After restarting the project has recreated but you have to start it from a file in the projects folder.The program itself brought the morphpads back to the audio channels and the master bus. You have to remove them again in the settings and from the rails. On the plus side, it seems a bit improved GUI, better sound from the master bus ... or I have such an impression.Work with Beatmapper without changes or problems, same with Clip Proporties. For me, it does not detect all vst, Waves, PA and other plugins.Working with Chopper is still hopeless and it is better for him to go back to what could be done in the Acid Pro 7.The OS used is Windows 11 Pro Dell i5 8250 16 GB SSD 236 GB.
So the same program as for me, without the use of vst plugins, vsti works relatively stable.However, you need to be careful and not create large projects in it.

One more thing, so far it keeps any data after editing the file in Beatmapper or Clip Proporties, which in AP 10 does not always work for me.here I drag the same files in the window and everything is save ...tempo bpm etc.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 6/14/2022, 3:56 PM

Just as a reminder, for the newly released Acid Pro 11 there is a trial version available. It appears fully featured, runs for 30 days and comes with all the plugins listed on the Acid Pro 11 product page.

My normal advice for any product, by any developer is to try before you buy. That advice is relevant here.

IF YOUR NOT SURE DONT RELEASE IT. Mate your normal advice for any product, by any developer is to try before you buy. That advice is irrelevant here.

sheppo wrote on 6/15/2022, 2:12 AM

IF YOUR NOT SURE DONT RELEASE IT.

I know you know I do not work for Magix

LooneyBinJim wrote on 6/15/2022, 7:28 AM

Yes we know your not a magix employee.Maybe you should be things might get fixed if your were.

Using Acid is really important to my wellbeing. I.e its driving me to the cliff so I can JUMP finishing everything it all.Death seriously is one mind all the time .I'm physically disabled life really sucks most of the time.Ever since the post from magic about the patch up date to start us off in AP11 life looked a little better until I find mysel back on the cliff with another Urge to finish it.

Djronrella wrote on 6/15/2022, 7:40 AM

Confused about why they aren't giving any updates to all our problems here and patch and acid Pro 10 updates?

@magix_redaktion

SP. wrote on 6/15/2022, 8:09 AM

@Djronrella I guess that Magix thinks it's better to say nothing at this point in time than say something wrong.

Some time ago they released a completely broken version of their video editing app. So many users complained (and I mean many, not just a handful of people like in this thread) that Magix gave them the previous, working version for free and needed to apologise publicly for the release.

SP. wrote on 6/15/2022, 9:19 AM

Just 10 minutes after my comment came an official statement:

https://www.magix.info/de/forum/so-it-s-here--1301213/#ca1789562

Djronrella wrote on 6/15/2022, 9:40 AM

No patch link yet!!!!!!

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 6/15/2022, 10:50 AM

Yes we know your not a magix employee.Maybe you should be things might get fixed if your were.

Using Acid is really important to my wellbeing. I.e its driving me to the cliff so I can JUMP finishing everything it all.Death seriously is one mind all the time .I'm physically disabled life really sucks most of the time.Ever since the post from magic about the patch up date to start us off in AP11 life looked a little better until I find mysel back on the cliff with another Urge to finish it.

Hey Jim, I was a long term AP user as well and it was my bread and butter. Nothing comes close to it even to this day. But unfortunately, it ended after version 7. I honestly do not see it advance any further than this. In my case, anyone that has remotely gotten close to it would be Ableton or Cubase but no cigar. However, they are much stronger, looked after, updated, stable. I know its not a solution but I wouldn't wait for Magix to do any "magic". If you haven't paid for this upgrade, I would add a bit more money and buy the lite version of either Cubase or Live. Try the trial and see if you can match your workflow. I still can't believe that no other DAW developer has thought of Pick/Paint feature. That is what I need. After much struggle, I tried the trial on AP and of course, crashed as I tried exporting. Forget it. Its done. Aside from that, you will have admins that will jump in to save face for Magix to add to frustration.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 6/15/2022, 5:47 PM

Hey Jim, I was a long term AP user as well and it was my bread and butter. Nothing comes close to it even to this day. But unfortunately, it ended after version 7. I honestly do not see it advance any further than this. In my case, anyone that has remotely gotten close to it would be Ableton or Cubase but no cigar. However, they are much stronger, looked after, updated, stable. I know its not a solution but I wouldn't wait for Magix to do any "magic". If you haven't paid for this upgrade, I would add a bit more money and buy the lite version of either Cubase or Live. Try the trial and see if you can match your workflow. I still can't believe that no other DAW developer has thought of Pick/Paint feature. That is what I need. After much struggle, I tried the trial on AP and of course, crashed as I tried exporting. Forget it. Its done. Aside from that, you will have admins that will jump in to save face for Magix to add to frustration.

Thank for understanding what it feels like to be a longtime Acid Pro user.I own Reason have done since 4 upgraded from 4 to 8 and now i use 11 suite which is awesome but like you say Acid Had it all.

Back in late 90s i had a nice hardware set up Roland w30 workstation Akai s950 Casio Rz1 drum machine loads of Audio sample Cds puchased from Timeandspace.com.Korg m1 Roland Mc303 16 channel Behringer mixer all recorded to Tape deck Sony .I started using a pc pentium 1 and Cubase 3.5 when Vst was released.Cubase was nice to use but plagued with bugs .Then Rebirth was released had that synced to my set up over midi whicch was cool.Then i discovered Acid Pro 1 .It was everything Cubase couldnt be .Long story Computers got faster more ram more storage than my SCSI drive my W30 used .Acid was the serious piece of kit.Multi track recording tvst vsti Midi wasnt great but it got better and better with every version .Then sony Dropped it Magix saw it as a cash cow.

Musicradar headline namm 2022 Magix had Acid Pro 11 on stand etc .Acid Pro has face lift and new features .

How embarrassing it must be knowing Acid Pro 11 hasnt been released as posted..Was it a error? Who plans this stuff ?

I cant spend anymore time moaning about something so much its really getting to me ..

Sorry for my posts .If they make sense great if not iim a music producer not very good with words.