I want do download Photostory Deluxe 2014

andrihugo wrote on 2/9/2024, 2:06 AM

I have been using Magix Photostory Deluxe 2014 for 10 years now and have really liked the software. It's been stable and easy to use and done exaclty what I need it to do. I upgraded my computer last month and was going to try and install the 2014 version, as I have done several times on new setups since I purchased the software 10 years ago, but discovered that the setup program (which is only a downloader that connects to MAGIX's servers and downloads the distributable package each time you set it up) does not work anymore. I can run it and it starts to do its thing, but once it gets to the download part, where it wants to download the setup software, the program fails and shuts off. No error message - it just shuts off. I've tried this on 3 different computers (running Windows 11 and Windows 10) and always get the same results. It seems the software is no longer available on MAGIX's servers.

So I decided to upgrade to Photostory Deluxe 2024 and purchased the new software. The new software is however very buggy. It keeps freezing. It freezes while I'm editing projects and when I try to burn projects to disc. Very annoying and disappointing.

I would just like to download the software package for the 2014 version and keep using that. I purchased that software and feel I have the right to use it as I please, for as long as I please. Can you please direct me on how I can download the 2014 software package, without having to go through the original installer which crashes every time I try to use it? Thank you.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 2/9/2024, 4:25 AM

@andrihugo

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

If the installer for PS 2014 is not shown in your Magix account (log in, go to My products) I think your only option is to email infoservice@magix.net and ask for their help in redownloading the software.

However, given the age of it and because internet security protocols have changed quite extensively since the time PS 2014 was released, I suspect this is the reason that the download fails for you. I will tag @johnebaker into this post because he has much greater knowledge of these matters than I.

Many of us also use PS 2024 without problem so I am surprised to see you write that it regularly freezes for you. What is the specification of your computer? It is possible that it is under-powered to run this latest version, sorry. If you read you will see the sort of information which is invaluable to fellow-users who may wish to try and help you. You an add this to your Signature and it will then appear on all posts you make and we will not have to ask you every time.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

andrihugo wrote on 2/9/2024, 4:34 AM

Here are my specs (I've added them to my signature now):

Computer specs:
CPU: Intel Core i9-13900F
RAM: 64GB DDR5
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x 1000W
System HD: Samsung 990 PRO 1TB NVMe 4th Gen

Last changed by andrihugo on 2/9/2024, 4:36 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Computer specs:
CPU: Intel Core i9-13900F
RAM: 64GB DDR5
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
PSU: Corsair RM1000x 1000W
System HD: Samsung 990 PRO 1TB NVMe 4th Gen

johnebaker wrote on 2/9/2024, 6:51 AM

@andrihugo

Hi

Check the following:

. . . . The new software is however very buggy. It keeps freezing. . .

• In Windows settings, Accessibilty, Text Cursor is turned off.

• The RTX GPU drivers are up to date the current version is 551.23 (31.0.15.5123)

• In Photostory settings, Device Options tab the Video mode is set to the RTX GPU

If the above do not fix the freezing - download and install MediaInfo and analyse one of the clips causing the issue and post the results, see this tutorial on how to setup MediaInfo and analyse a video clip for all the data required.  

. . the original installer which crashes every time I try to use it . . . .

• Internet Options are set as shown below

• Your Antivirus program is not blocking the download.

Note:

Photostory 2014 will not be able to use the RTX GPU for Hardware Acceleration of h.264 (AVC)) and h.265 (HEVC) for import or export as you have no Intel integrated GPU in the i9-13900F and the program does not support NVENC which is required to use the RTX GPU.

All processing will be done on the CPU with extended export times.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/9/2024, 6:56 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

andrihugo wrote on 2/9/2024, 8:18 AM

Text Cursor was off and the Video mode in my settings was set to RTX GPU. It seems however that my GPU driver was way out of date (version dated sometime 2020!). I guess I forgot to get the full driver setup from Nvidia when I installed Windows. The program seems to be working much better now, I will report back if it starts freezing up on me again. Thanks for the help! :)