I've f'd up my Independence Free patches - where can I redownload?

Christopher-Burke wrote on 5/5/2023, 2:24 AM

Dear Everyone!

Downloaded Independence Free a little while ago, the 32-bit version (old DAW!) Not SURE if it's my fault or not but it's got a list of patch names. When I click on one, nothing changes - it just stays basic piano (nice piano though!) I'm not intelligent/computer literate enough to know what I've done wrong - anyone got any ideas as to how to make the patches work, or if I can buy more patches/sounds for it? It looks a great piece of kit, I just don't have any working patches for it. Happy to buy some - especially pads, love pads - as long as they're not hundreds - got the UVI Workstation, took one look at their patch prices and had to lie down in a darkened room!

I'm in Windows 10 but I've got my lovely old Quick Score Elite Level 2 working in a Windows XP Emulator.

Yours hopefully

Chris.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/5/2023, 2:28 AM

@Christopher-Burke You can get the installers from here https://www.magix.com/int/music/free-download/independence-free-sampler-software/

I'm not sure why each patch only loads the piano. Usually, if the patch cannot find the correct audio files you'll get an error message.

Christopher-Burke wrote on 5/5/2023, 4:13 AM

Thankyou very, very much. I dunno about the piano thing either - I'm still very much a learner. All I know is the name changes, the piano stays the same! Go figure, I'm trying to!

Thankyou very, very much for the link.

Yours respectfully

Chris.