I recorded a movie from my TV using XP Media Center - when I load the movie into movie edit pro 14 Plus the audio and video are out of sync

Tonyf wrote on 12/17/2008, 3:06 PM

I taped a movie (90 minute movie) from my TV using XP Media Center and I have no problem watching it on my Computer.  When I load this movie into Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus I hear the Audio before the lips move and as the movie progresses the audio gets even further ahead of the video.

What did I do wrong?  I have loaded other smaller kids movies into Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus (to remove commercials) and had no problem with the audio and the video.  So I don't understand why I am having problems now.

Can you tell me how I can correct this and is there anything I need to do differnetly in the furture.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/19/2008, 6:10 AM
Hi,

If you say that you recorded your source material using XP Media Center, I assume you might be imorting DVR-MS files. Generally, this is MPEG-2 material, but it's got a few extra information in that file type and is not completely unproblematic. I believe it's not officially supported by Movie Edit Pro. However, here's what you can try to see whether it resolves the problem with these files (or any MPEG-2 material): After importing the file into Movie Edit Pro 14, right-click on the video track (in timeline view) to bring up the context menu. Choose the first option to create a new frame table and play back the footage again after the program is done creating the frame table.

I hope this helps.