Comments

lostnfound99 wrote on 12/25/2008, 3:56 PM
i have the same problem, except that i cant figure out how to activate the mpeg-2 code how do you do that.?? it keeps asking for my serial number and computer id!! what the f is my computer id???
ralftaro wrote on 12/29/2008, 2:39 AM
Hi there,

If you have a hard drive based camera that records e.g. MPEG-2 material or AVCHD material, you don't have to use the video capture options in the program to get the video into the system. In fact, you can't use those video capture options. They're exclusively for digital tape-based cameras (i.e. miniDV/HDV) or old, analog cameras.

What you need to do is basically just copying the appropriate video files to your hard drive and then file-import them into Movie Edit Pro, either through the video import option or the media/pool file browser within Movie Edit Pro or by dragging & dropping them in straight from your Windows Explorer.

Make sure you have all necessary codecs activated. You will basically always need MPEG-2 activation anyway. For AVCHD material, you will need Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus and an activated MPEG-4 codec. You will also need the Dolby Digital Stereo decoder in order to import the audio on most MPEG-2 and AVCHD material properly.

I hope this helps.

@lostnfound99: If your video editing computer is connected directly to the Internet, just use the "order code online" option at the top of the MPEG-2 activation dialog. You won't be prompted for the ID code. For offline activations, you can either use the automatic phone system under the phone activation button or find the computer ID code you're looking for under the post/fax activation button. If you're having problems getting on with this, just contact Magix support/sales. They will be able to sort you out.