Comments

ralftaro wrote on 8/20/2009, 3:05 AM
Hi,

An analog HD camcorder? That doesn't sound quite right to me.  :-)  Is that a digital HD camcorder that you're capturing via the analog output?

One way or the other, I understand that an analog capture is taking place here. This raises the question what capture hardware you're using for the analog-digital conversion, what inputs it offers and how everything is hooked up. Some/most analog capture hardware will offer its own audio inputs, while for other hardware you will have to connect the audio signal to your sound card's inputs. Once everything is hooked up correctly and you're preparing for the recording process in the program, you also need to make sure to select the drivers and configure the audio mixer correctly. So, if you do connect to the sound input of the video capture hardware, make sure the right driver is installed and appears in the selection for the audio device in the analog capture dialog. If you connected to your computer's sound card, make sure that driver is selected and the Windows/sound card recording mixer is configured in a manner that it will pick up the signal from the correct input (usually "line in").

I hope this helps. If you require some more assistance, additional details about your capture hardware and setup would be extremely helpful.