I have connected my videocamera to USB-stick but i nothing comes up in MAGIX VideoSaver

Superkajan wrote on 9/12/2010, 4:35 AM

When starting playback on the videocamera connected with S-video cable, starting "collect video from anaolog source", choosing "S-video", putting camer i "Play" and start "Transfer video to computer" nothing happens.

The screen in MAGIX remains black and no project exists.

Im am running MAGIX Video Saver 2.0 and Windows XP Home Edition SP3.

VideoCam is a Panasonic NV-GS15 Digital video camera.

Please, can anybody help me, and tell me what's wrong.

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 9/13/2010, 9:51 AM

Ok, this is like the MAGIX Rescue Your Videotapes for the North American market.

You state you put the camera in play mode, and the screen for the preview monitor is black still while be connected using s-video? Have you tried different modes?

I have never really ever used s-video, I have always used the RCA or composite connectiosn. I am able to record that way. Are you able to use the composite of the camera?

Man o' Lakes wrote on 9/15/2010, 4:57 AM

Hi there. Briefly, are you connecting your digital camera to the USB video converter? If so

it won't work. It is only to be used to convert an analog signal to digital, but if your recordings

are digital, then you won't need to convert, but connect straight to your computer.

Cheers

M o' L

larswiegert wrote on 2/21/2011, 3:11 PM

I have a similar problem. I get the built-in webcamera on and see only myself on the record screen. I guess that the computer doesn't find the driver for the usb video converter. In my case I guess that it depends on the fact that I put the viedo saver SW on  a D:\ partition because my rather small SSD hard drive (C:\) is too small, so I used the D:\ drive for installing the video saver SW. However, when I installed the usb converter driver, I had no option so I guess it was located on the C:\ and the video SW expects the driver be elsewhere. This is my headache for the moment and I have no idea how to solve it.

Man o' Lakes wrote on 2/22/2011, 5:26 AM

Hi there,

if you are connecting a digital camera, then you do not need the analog to digital converter between the two.

That's only for analog to digital, such as from a VHS recorder. So, if you have a firewire link, use that to transfer to your computer. USB will do it too. Cheers M o' L