Comments

ralftaro wrote on 6/4/2009, 6:07 AM
Hi there,

Generally, the answer to this question is "yes". You can import and edit video DVD material into Movie Edit Pro, as long as the disc is not copy-protected. I assume your questions pertains specifically to the act of getting the footage into the program.

The visual data on the DVD is represented by a number of files with the extension "VOB" when you try to read it on your PC. This means, that you can just insert the DVD you want to import and use your file browser/explorer to go to your computer's DVD drive and navigate downwards into the directory structure you'll find on your DVD (you'll see a directory called "VIDEO_TS"). Copy the VOB files to your hard drive, and later import them into the software by dragging & dropping them from the media pool (the built-in file browser in the upper right-hand part of the screen) into the timeline. You don't need to import "VTS_01_0.VOB", if existent, since it usually holds the DVD menu. Start at "VTS_01_1.VOB".

I hope this helps as a brief explanation. The rest is up to experimenting and learning.  :-)

garychencool wrote on 6/4/2009, 5:07 PM
I agree with ralftaro's answer. Atempting to import video from a copy-protect DVD is impossible. The program wouldn't allow you. It would either have
1)error-you need the codec
2)it won't work at all.
You can watch using video programs.