Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/16/2018, 9:18 AM

@peteping

First, I'm sorry no-one has been able to reply to your post. I don't have or use Web Designer Premium so my thoughts/suggestions may be entirely useless to you!

First, can you clarify exactly what you mean when you say you "try to open my site"? Is this open the site for editing, updating etc. in Web Designer, or open it as a web site in your browser?

A search on the quoted error code leads to a series of pages which all seem to be concerned with vehicle error codes and methods to read/decode them! I am pretty certain that is wholly irrelevant here but who knows?

Can you quote the full error message you receive? PNG is a graphic file format (it stands for Portable Network Graphics) and is quite a popular file format for web sites that are quite image intensive but wish to keep their overall file size as small as possible. So, the obvious question to ask is, do you have one or more png files somewhere in your site and could one or more of them be the cause of your problem?

It might also be helpful to we fellow-users if you were to give us the URL of your site so that we can attempt to open it.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 10/16/2018, 9:19 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

peteping wrote on 10/16/2018, 9:55 AM

Thank you for your reply. When I tried to open my site for updating in XARA Web design premium I got an error message, which I did not take exact note of but it stated - PNG error and I would have to close down the software to get out of it. I then uploaded the site from a previous saved version and then had to bring the site up to date again. Since then it is working but very slow to publish and I wanted to know the cause in case it happened again.

emmrecs wrote on 10/16/2018, 11:54 AM

Hi, thanks for the additional information.

Since the error occured when you were attempting to open your site in WDP, the very strong implication is that you have a corrupt or otherwise "problem" .png image file somewhere in your site. To discover which one, you may have to painstakingly remove them, one at a time, and re-publish to disc, until the problem file is found.

Your mention of it being "slow to publish" (I assume you mean either within the program rather than to the web, or have I misunderstood?) could also indicate the presence of an (even slightly) corrupted file which WDP is struggling with.

As suggested before, can you post here the URL of your site so that other users can visit it and see if they experience any problems when viewing it?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

peteping wrote on 10/16/2018, 12:16 PM

Thanks again. There is no problem with viewers and with viewing the site and if anyone did have they would have emailed me right away as they visit so often and would be disappointed if there was a problem. Since I reload from a back-up there are no problems except when I hit 'publish' for my ftp it takes a long time for it to prepare the files for uploading. If I click my cursor on the programme it says 'not responding' and gives me the choice of either closing or waiting. If I wait it resumes after 10 or 15 minutes. Its very frustrating.

ralf-o wrote on 10/19/2018, 2:21 AM

I have the same problem. I am wondering whether I am on the right track with the redesign I am doing. Can you please review my website and tell me what you think: http://under-the-open-sky.com. Can you tell me if everything looks fine on user's end?