I forgot how I created this heading using Xaa Webstyle

rick3 wrote on 2/9/2013, 1:54 AM

Some years ago I used Webstyle to create a series of headings, but now cannot recall how I did it or with what template.  As I typed the text the blue ribbon stretched to size below. Can anyone identify the template or tell me where to find it?

I post this message here as I do not see a message for Xara Webstyle, and the Web Designer product apparently replaces it.

Comments

terrypin wrote on 2/16/2013, 4:38 AM

Hi,

I don't have Xara Web Designer but a quick search came up with what seems an excellent set of 90 tutorials which might be of use in tracking this effect down.

http://www.magix.info/uk/xara-web-designer-tutorials-basics-to-advance.online-training.911290.html

I'm curious to know how exactly that looked in practice. What was displayed when you'd typed just the first character or two?

Any MEP or VDL users know how to create something similar?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Last changed by terrypin on 2/16/2013, 9:29 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK. PC: i7 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32GB with Win 10 pro. Used many earlier versions of MEPP, currently mainly MEPP 2016 & 2017 (Using scores of macro scripts to add functionality, tailored to these versions.)

rick3 wrote on 2/16/2013, 10:17 AM

Thanks. I will check the tutorial again but don't think it is there. 

This was one of the Xara Web designer templates, but for some reason I cannot now locate it among all the templates that are on the CD. One selects the templace, which appears as the blue ribbon with sample text above. Then, select the font style and type away. As the text grows horizontally (more characters), the blue ribbon automatically expands underneath it to fill the space.  Neat!

I found the ribbon template, but not one that combines both text and ribbon. That's my problem.

P. S.  I tried to go back and correct the typo in the subject line of this post, to make it Xara, but there doesn't seem to be the ability to modify the subject field.