I don't recommend this program to anyone.

Tony-Newman wrote on 8/16/2020, 2:56 PM

Unfortunately, there are no in depth tutorials anywhere online to help with basic questions or details on how to put together a coherent project. Photostory 2021 has even less support. Magix's Vegas Pro 18 is easy and intuitive, PhotoStory is cryptic, confusing and mostly counterintuitive. Whatever minimal video tutorials Magix has available doesn't even match the program! I really wanted to use the Photostory 2021 and the ads make it sound easy to use... I feel I wasted my time and money with this program. Sooo frustrating!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 8/16/2020, 3:54 PM

@Tony-Newman

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Why not ask fellow users for help rather than simply ranting? 😇

If you tell us exactly what you are wanting to do someone is almost certain to be able to guide you.

Jeff

Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

browj2 wrote on 8/16/2020, 10:11 PM

@Tony-Newman

I have Vegas, and let me tell you, PhotoStory is about as simple as they get, Vegas is very complex video editor, not at all intuitive, despite what the very experienced users there say.

PhotoStory is the same as Movie Edit Pro, it just looks different. It has a few less tools, less tracks, but it's the same, so watch tutorials about Movie Edit Pro.

However, like with all software, there is a manual. Read the PhotoStory Quick Start chapter. Click on the Tutorials tab at the top of this forum and watch tutorials for Movie Edit Pro and PhotoStory. Watch my 2 tutorials on Basic Editing parts 1 and 2. Learn how to edit - again - there is a manual. Watch the Magix Tutorials for Movie Edit Pro. They are more extensive than those for PhotoStory as PhotoStory users tend to want simplicity based around using photos, with only minor video editing. If you want to do video editing, you should have gotten Movie Edit Pro Plus or Premium.

As for putting together a coherent project, well, that is your problem, not the program's problem.

Workflow:

Use the timeline. Put your video clips and photos on the timeline - in the order that you want. Trim them, shorten or lengthen photos, add transitions if you want. Add titles, music, narration. Save often.

When done, File, Export, Export as MP4, click on Display all, select your appropriate settings. Ok.

Done.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos