I don't know how to get started with photo Manager Deluxe?

troyinriverview wrote on 3/14/2021, 2:19 PM

How do I get started? Do I grab (move, or copy) folders from my various drives&folders and save a new folder somewhere? Right now, I can see under folders all my folders saved to my PC, but how do I start a main folder that will eliminate my duplicates and start some kind of organising? The tutorials do not help. I can't find a start up guide or any type of user manual. How do I learn how to use this?

Comments

browj2 wrote on 3/14/2021, 5:53 PM

Start with F1.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Former user wrote on 5/30/2021, 1:57 PM

There is not quick start guid or how to actually USE folders. Not impressed - Spend too long trying to get past step one with no help in help or online that STEPS you through what to do with folders.

browj2 wrote on 5/30/2021, 8:51 PM

@Former user

Hi,

There is not a lot you can 'do' with folders. PM shows you what is in the folder and you can view the contents (images and video files), modify images using the editor, add categories and some other info. You can also create Albums with images and videos from various folders. You can print in various ways. There are other uses.

What is it that you want to do?

For any real file manipulation - copy and move files - use Windows File Manager.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

troyinriverview wrote on 5/31/2021, 11:30 AM

It would appear that this program doesn't do what I want.... all I really wanted was a program to scourer my various drives/folders for any and all photos, delete the duplicates and leave me with one organized folder of all my pics from the last 15 years (or how ever long I've been saving them to folders). It appears that there is no way to do this. I don't want to manipulate photos, or print, or anything like that...I just wanted them organized. This program fails to do that.

emmrecs wrote on 5/31/2021, 2:10 PM

@troyinriverview

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say this program is not designed to do that. It is essentially a cataloguing program aka a database. Organising your photos is really down to you and your preferences/needs. I suspect it would be impossible to create a program that could achieve what you are asking for, since every user’s preferences/needs will be different.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

troyinriverview wrote on 5/31/2021, 2:26 PM

Yeah, this was my fault. I should have read more clearly about the programs capabilities. I gotta be honest...I don't see the value of this program. I've got 3 others like it (that come with getting a new camera, or printer/scanner). If all this is is another editing program, not needed by me. Its hard to believe that there is no user guide to download, or that the company doesn't do a better job of showing just what I can do with this.

johnebaker wrote on 5/31/2021, 3:17 PM

@troyinriverview

Hi

. . . . If all this is is another editing program, not needed by me. . . . .

The program is photo management software with limited editing functions - to quote the manual it is 'a photo album, photo optimizer, photo manager and photo viewer in one'.

Ie it will catalogue the images on your computer in the folders you point it to, and has various functions allowing you to categorise images, search for duplicates, face recognition etc.

. . . . Its hard to believe that there is no user guide to download . . . .

Did you look under Help ?

Under the Help you will find:

1. a Content option - there is a Quick Start section which describes many of the features, and how to use them.

2. A link - Online tutorials which takes you to all the video tutorials for using the software.

There is also a full PDF manual available which you have to download - using a web browser, browse to magix.com and click the My Account icon top right of the home page.

Login with the email address and password you used to register the software -. Under My Products you should see Photo Manager Deluxe - click the Show more details link, to download the manual click the option shown below.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/31/2021, 3:19 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.