Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/18/2021, 11:05 AM

@Edmund-Roberts

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Why do you wish to change your website from web.file to .pdf? The .web file needs to be exported/published so that the proper .html files etc., are created, in order for your site to be uploaded to and hosted on a server and so be available for internet users to see.

You may quite possibly have one or more .pdf (document) files that you want your visitors to read and or download from your host server but I really don't understand why you want your whole site as a .pdf???

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Edmund-Roberts wrote on 3/19/2021, 8:13 AM

Hi Jeff,

The reason is simply because as a Web.file I am unable to upload it to my web server as it seams that files are only accepted in PDF files nowadays on several servers. Any website that I do is always saved in the Document files, is there any way I can save them in another format?.

Thanks,

Eddie.

emmrecs wrote on 3/19/2021, 9:16 AM

@Edmund-Roberts

If your .web file is a "complete" web site then it must be exported/published (e.g. to a folder on your hard drive) and then that folder's contents uploaded to your hosting server, using the login and access details you should have been given by the host site, in order that others can "view" your site via their choice of web browser.

Individual "files", e.g. documents, can be uploaded to an existing web site as .pdf files for visitors to view and/or download. In this case, at least one hyperlink to each pdf needs to be created on the site's pages in order that visitors can "find" and view them.

Assuming you already have a fully-operational web site, can you provide its URL so that we may actually see what sort of site you have.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Edmund-Roberts wrote on 3/20/2021, 8:31 AM

Thanks Jeff, I will give it a go.