I cant activate producer edition

edi-lupus wrote on 1/10/2009, 8:47 PM
I went to the tasks bar, selected experiance more, then upgrade now.
So i bought the producer edition and got the receipt in my email and i looked at the instructions, it said:
Program activation:

>  Start the program (restart)
  >  Open the activation dialog in the "Help" menu
     (activate/upgrade).
  >  Copy the serial number from this email and enter it
      into the entry field in the activation dialog

so i went to the help menu and the only thing i saw close to that was,
Activate additional functions/ activate mp3 so i clicked on that i put in the serial number. But it said the serial number was incorrect so then i clicked on restore activation. At that internet page it required me to put in the serial number of my Magix music maker 14 so i did. It said it was wrong. So now i am out of options and worst of all i cant go back to the original page where i bought the producer edition because very time i go to tasks/ experiance more/ upgrade now, and i click on it, nothing happens!!! so what do i do?

Comments

chain wrote on 2/8/2009, 3:30 AM
I finally got this problem solved after a long wait.
email support using the same ticket number over and over till you get some who will give you a link to download the e-version of pro. they will also give you a new activation code. It will not actualy upgrade you orig. vers. so you will have two programs. but any of your projects will auto open in the new version.

Warning-keep in mind your sound pools have to be downloaded from the download soundpacks tab. Until you down load all of them you may not be able to play some of the content in your original creations.

I did notice a slight difference in the mix from version to version. why I'm not sure. Good Luck!                                                                         Chain
tomsheacs wrote on 3/27/2009, 5:28 PM
I had this same issue... they said it was a known issue they were trying to fix.  The problem is that the "Upgrade to Producer Edition" doesn't always show up in either the download edition or boxed edition of Music Maker.  Mine disappeared after I uninstalled and re-installed the software from the CD.  The only way I fixed it was to re-install my computer from scratch.  Then the option was in the help menu and I could load the activation code.  I don't really want to do any testing, but if you uninstall Music Maker you have to then delve into the hidden folders in your Documents and Settings and remove those application settings too both under your user account and any ones in "default user".  They should be in Application Data or Application Settings or something like that... Turn on Hidden Folders in folder options to find them.  Then a fresh program install may give you the option back.  They really should patch that soon since all they have to do is add a line of code to check the program status each time it starts, rather than setting a bit for the thing to be activated when it really isn't.