I cannot burn my slide show , "menu encoding failed" I tried all options available but nothing works

sailor50 wrote on 7/31/2010, 5:51 PM
I have IPhoto Story cd & DVD 9. When I try burning my edited slide show on dvd  I get errors.
1: Error when rendering the menu
2: Menu encoding failed

Show I use VTS_01_1.VOB?

I tried all different options available with no success. This is very frustrating. I was able to save slide show on PC. I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem please....

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 8/2/2010, 9:52 AM
Ok, let me see if I can help

It might be that the burner is in conflict with something in the burn routines, therefore I suggest doing the following:

1. Update the MAGIX PhotoStory (any patches for your version)
2. Update the MAGIX Burn Routines (burning utility for magix software)
3. Update the firmware for the burner you have on your computer (from manufacture)

This way we can rule out hardware/hardware protocol and the latest patches as fixes.

Next, make sure you are not running other applications (even background) during the burn process. You might have communications errors. If you have a lot of icons that hang out down by the clock of your computer, then you are running background applications that could be stealing precious resources.

As a last resort, export the entire slideshow as a MPEG-2 video and use the burning software you have installed to burn that MPEG-2 file to DVD.