I am very very very dissappointet from MAGIX customer support !!!!

www.3D-Tile-Design.ca wrote on 5/11/2014, 3:14 PM

Q while ago I bought several MAGIX products, especially to process pictures etc. for my website.  I don't use these programs very often so they are more or less dormant on my PC.

However, almost everytime when I want to use these programs again, I got/get the message that my product is not registered. (anymore ???)  So I simply registered them again. (Which is btw: annoying enough, but at least I could work with them again.) 

About a month ago, I had the same szenario again but as I tried to register my product  I got the message that the amount of registrations has been exceded and I have to order a new registration Key by emailing to: kundenservice@ magic.net. which I did.

I waited a month and nothing happened.  2 days ago, I resent my request again.  Today I received this  automatic generated email:

Dear MAGIX Customer,
Thank you for your message.
In order for a MAGIX representative to answer your question as quickly
as possible, then please use the Request Form.
You can find the Request Form and many helpful guides for our products
on our Support site :
http://support.magix.net

So I logged into my account to do so.  But what a spprise: I have to pay 12,99 Euro (29,99 Euro Pro Produkte) for one support case.

Conclusion: Not that I am unable to use my purchased programs, because they unregistered themselve all the time for whatever reaseon, I also have to pay to get it running again.  I call this: A realy great customer service !!!!

Is this the method/manner how Magix increases his profit?

Comments

browj2 wrote on 5/11/2014, 6:40 PM

Hi,

I don't know what you are doing wrong since you didn't give us much information. I have never had a Magix program unregister itself, and I have about 10 different Magix programs and more than one version of each. I only registered with Magix once, as you should have done. You get an account, a user name, password and in your account, a listing of all of the products that you have purchased, when, and the serial number of each one. Thus registering cannot be your problem unless you are using a different email address each time and forgetting your un/pw information, etc.

Each program is activated with a serial number, not a registration. If you changed computers, installed a new hard disk or reformatted the main drive and reinstalled the programs, then you need to re-enter the serial number. You get 5 shots at it, after that you have to contact Magix. Your free Magix support per product runs out after one year, which I find is pretty good. I have a competing product and they give you 14 days.

If you want help from us, then give us information as to your products, versions, operating system, os changes, hard disk changes, re-installations, and what exactly you did to have to "register" your products.Do not show serial numbers or purchase codes, as these are personal and confidential for you.

So far, I have had great support from Magix,but not on weekends when they are closed.

Last changed by browj2 on 5/11/2014, 6:40 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

www.3D-Tile-Design.ca wrote on 5/12/2014, 1:13 AM

Sorry for being not clear enough.

Of curse I have an account, with a user name and password and in my account I can see the listing of all of the products that I have purchased including the serial number of each one.

And yes, I am talking about the activation with the serial number, not the registration.  I did not change computers, installed new hard disks or reformatted the main drive and reinstalled the programs!  It is not my fault, that the programs are permanently un-registered.  It's the too sensitive check routine from the programm itself.

I have another programm which does exact the same. I am talking about my 3D Tile Design program which was very expensive.  Very often after a regular MS-Update, this programm interprets it as a hardware change. Especially after the IE was updated.  The manufacturer knows about this problem but won't "fix it" just by lowering their check routine, to make sure, nobody can build a crack which I totally understand.  And It is is very uncomplicated to get always a new key from them.

BTW:  I am working on a trough workstation to do my 3D Tile Design plannings and only my palnning programm and the Magix programs are  ones who are doing this.

So, long storry short:  I don't need any help with the programs itself, I just need one ore more new serial numbers for my different Magix programms, that's all.

Sending a new key has nothing to do with product support in my opinion: And by the way: Free support for a purchased product is just good customer service.  Anything els is exploitation!

johnebaker wrote on 5/12/2014, 3:56 PM

Hi

. . . . I did not change computers, installed new hard disks or reformatted the main drive and reinstalled the programs! . . . .

Are you using a Registry Cleaner tool regularly on your hard drive(s) ?

If so I would advise you not to -  many tend to over aggressive and remove registry keys which have not been accessed after a period of time.

At the price point of the software purchased from Magix it is not reasonable to expect free support for more than a year.

Registration and Activation are two different things.

Registration of the software with Magix using the one serial you number you get for that particular software and version, means Magix have a record of who is the registered owner of the software and you can retrieve the serial numbers of your registered products on-line from the Magix web site.

Activation unlocks the software on your computer and removes any restrictions that were in place before it was activated.

. . . . I just need one ore more new serial numbers for my different Magix programms . . .

As I said above you only get one serial number for a particular program and version unless you purchase multiple licences.

What do you mean by 'trough workstation' ?

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/12/2014, 3:59 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

www.3D-Tile-Design.ca wrote on 5/16/2014, 7:56 PM

"...At the price point of the software purchased from Magix it is not reasonable to expect free support for more than a year..."

As I said, in my opinion has sending a new key nothing to do with product support.  I have no problems to install, and opperate the programms, I just need a new key.  My virusscanner and many other programs are cheaper but these companies provide free support...  Again: Free support for a purchased product is just good customer service.  Anything els is exploitation !!!

"...you only get one serial number for a particular program and version unless you purchase multiple licences..."

I have several Magix products which already had several expiered keys before.  I highly expect that they will also suddenly stop working at some day.  So I just want to be prepeared.  Magix will know if I would install their programs on a different computer so they could easily invalid the key if I would do so. 

What do you mean by 'trough workstation' ?

A workstation is especially designed to WORK with it which and usually includes one or more ultra fast 8 core processors, lots and lots of ultrafast RAM and one or two highend graphic cards with its own processors and RAM etc.  There are no games and other not work related programs installed.

For your better Unsderstanding.  I earn my money with my computer and therefore I relay on my installed programs that they work as expected - AT ALL TIMES !!!  - I also know that sometimes shit happens. The only  question is:  How it will be handeled to fix it.  And MAGIX is unfortunately not very helpful and very committed to their customers.

I guess I will drop all magix programms at all and switch to a more reliable company.     

johnebaker wrote on 5/17/2014, 12:21 AM

Hi

. . . . I just need a new key . . .

You have missed the point - as with most software companies 1 licence = 1 key unless you purchase a multi computer license or volume license.

If your license is deactivating then there is something wrong with the computer, the computer is being restored to a point before the software was registered, or you are running a cleanup tool or other software which is removing the key. 

. . . . Is this the method/manner how Magix increases his profit? . . . .

Magix licences do not expire so you only pay once for a license, unlike many software companies which require you to purchase a new license annually.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/17/2014, 12:21 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

www.3D-Tile-Design.ca wrote on 5/17/2014, 11:39 AM

Sorry John, but I think you missed my point.

As I already said, I have another programm which does exact the same.  Very often after a regular MS-Update, this programm interprets it as a hardware change. Especially after the IE was updated.

The manufacturer knows about this problem but won't "fix it" just by lowering their "activation check routine", to make sure, nobody can build a crack which I totally understand. With this Company It is ALWAYS ABSOLUTELY uncomplicated to get a new key from them which happens in usually less than one hour.

Magix licences do not expire so you only pay once for a license, unlike many software companies which require you to purchase a new license annually.

But I have to pay to contact the support to hopfully get a new license.  And that is what I meant with:  ". . . . Is this the method/manner how Magix increases his profit? . . . ."

So, what should I doo in your opinion?  Buying another computer on which I will explicite run the MAGIX programs, just to make sure their keys will never kompromised by other programs and/or updates, etc. ect. - Damned, I have to integrate this computer into my network to get access to the processed files which however would be a new potential risk.   But, I could also use an USB stick to move the files from one computer to another.  - This would be a great solution. Wouldn't it be?

Sorry for being a bit sarcastic.  I was hoping to get here in contact wit somebody from Magix however it seems that this forum is only visitet and moderated by product users.

Anyway, thanks to everybody for trying to help.  You are not responsible for my problem.  Just pray this will never happen to you, otherwise you are screwed.   I personally gave up and will drop Magix completely.  I am just dissappointed. 

I whish all of you the best.

mkdubeee wrote on 7/2/2014, 10:41 PM

Everytime I open Photo Manager MX Deluxe it asks for my SN and so everytime I enter it and now I'm having the same problem, now it says Registered too many times. I'm not going to pay for them to fix a problem with their own product