How to edit a picture_for Beginner

Pepsiw wrote on 9/23/2013, 6:44 PM

Hi,

I have to questions on the use of the software:

- How can I remove the background of a picture in order to just be able to use the object without any background?

- What is the format i should use to save the picture after transformation and be able to use it as a .jpeg document?

Thank you for your help :)

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 9/24/2013, 10:13 AM

Hi,

Sorry I am a little confused about the product you are having trouble with.  Digital Photo Maker is not a current Magix product that I have heard of.  Please give me some more information about the Magix product you are using and I will be happy to help if it is a magix product.  When did you download this product and from where?  Was it one of the "free download sites"?  If so, you may want to check your computer for malware or viruses because when I tried to download this product from soft32 my firewall aborted the installation.

George

yvon-robert wrote on 9/24/2013, 12:28 PM

Hi,

The best format for transparency is PNG file. Also you can use a jpg with a green or blue bakground plus the chromakey function but the condition is no green or blue color in the design except the background. Another way is use a mask, you can view either the mask or inside the mask view or hide. Near all paint program can be use to create transparent background.

Regards,

YR

johnebaker wrote on 9/24/2013, 4:33 PM

Hi

@George

Digital Photomaker is now part of Photo Manager - see here - small print at the half way down the page.

@Pepsiw

Check if DPM has the following functions/effects - Masks or transparency.

Depending on what you want to use the picture object  for determines which method you use to isolate the object/ remove the background eg

For use in a video you need a png file with transparency or the background replaced by a full solid colour which is not in the object and use Chroma key in the video software to make it transparent.

For a multi layer (composite) image where the object required is in a layer above a background image,  then you need a Mask or use the eraser tool to remove the required part of the image.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/24/2013, 4:33 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Pepsiw wrote on 9/24/2013, 8:08 PM

Hi,

Thank you all for your replies.

I'm going to use this picture in a video editing software.

I use the version V 7.0.1.3