How to delete the unused fonts and java scripts before publishing?

HSR wrote on 9/25/2020, 5:13 AM

Designer Pro 17

I have created a site from a template and I have been modify it. When publishing the site, Google warns me that it takes a long time to load (especially on cell phone) because it uses a lot of time for the Java (which I DO NOT use) and for the fonts (which I have changed and only use the safe and google ones!) ... but at the index_files folder I can see that I have "highslide.css" and "highslide.js" as well as several "XaraWDEmbeddedHTMLfont1.eot" "..font2 ... font3".

How can I remove all that load BEFORE I export and publish the site?

Is there any tool?

Perhaps I’m doing something wrong?

Thank you very much

HSR

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/25/2020, 6:42 AM

@HSR

Hi

. . . . uses a lot of time for the Java (which I DO NOT use) and for the fonts (which I have changed and only use the safe and google ones!) . . . . How can I remove all that load BEFORE I export and publish the site? . . .

You don't, the website created uses the now ubiquitous jQuery for its functionality with out which the website will not work.

jQuery is Javascript not Java

When publishing/exporting the web site only embedded fonts used are included. If you are replacing an existing site which used other embedded fonts then you may need to clean the live site up manually.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

HSR wrote on 9/26/2020, 11:11 AM

@HSR

Hi

. . . . uses a lot of time for the Java (which I DO NOT use) and for the fonts (which I have changed and only use the safe and google ones!) . . . . How can I remove all that load BEFORE I export and publish the site? . . .

You don't, the website created uses the now ubiquitous jQuery for its functionality with out which the website will not work.

jQuery is Javascript not Java

When publishing/exporting the web site only embedded fonts used are included. If you are replacing an existing site which used other embedded fonts then you may need to clean the live site up manually.

John EB

Hi John !

First: "jQuery is Javascript not Java"

That's why I'm looking for advice. I'm just a 60 years old rookie and I didn't know this obvious difference !!!

Second:"...then you may need to clean the live site up manually". I'll do !, but, what a pitty that there is not a tool to get rid to unused elements .

Thanks John, your advices are like rain at the desert.

Best regards

HSR

johnebaker wrote on 9/26/2020, 2:32 PM

@HSR

Hi

. . . . you may need to clean the live site up manually". I'll do !, but, what a pitty that there is not a tool to get rid . . .

Any good FTP program will allow you to delete a website quickly - I use FileZilla to open the folder on the web host containing the site, select everything inside and and delete it.

I do not use the program for uploading, I use Filezilla to do this - I export the website to a folder on my PC where I can thoroughly check it for errors and functionality first before uploading.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

HSR wrote on 9/28/2020, 4:16 AM

Thanks John

That's the way I'm doing right now!

Best regards

HSR