How does the Picture in picture collages function work in PhotoStory on DVD 2013 Deluxe?

cchowdthane wrote on 4/30/2013, 4:29 PM

I am new to PhotoStory on DVD 2013 Deluxe, am trying to use the Picture-in picture collages function under the Design menu, supposedly all that is needed to happen is to arrange the selected objects one after another and drag the collage onto the first object, I tried that in the overview mode, and also the Storyboard mode, but it didn't do anything? I also clicked directly on the 'Picture in picture' and nothing seems to happen either. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 4/30/2013, 5:22 PM

cchowdthane,

In Magix Movie Edit Pro you drag a collage effect onto the first of a series of images on the same timeline track, making sure there are empty tracks below. The program moves objects to different tracks and applies size and position and any other appropriate additional effects (rotations, zooms etc). I'd assussm the same method would operate in PhotoStory.

To help sort out what goes where I used to have a test set of images with just a number on each. Then it's easy to see say that image #1 becomes the background and images #2 through #4 zoom in to occupy three areas across the top of the frame. If there are additional images on the timeline they simply appear after the collage effect has played. If there are not enough for the pattern the last one is repeated as necessary,IIRC!

Regards,

Carl

mark4 wrote on 10/7/2013, 10:00 PM

Did you find a way to download the extra files needed to give you the collage effects. My copy has NO collage effects and the FREE DOWNLOADS button doesn't go anywhere.

Wiat a minute - looks like firewall issue. Never mind.