Comments

browj2 wrote on 9/16/2014, 10:10 AM

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by resize. Do you want to crop it or change the size of the file?

To modify a photo, including cropping, select the photo, then click on the Optimize button at the bottom left of the screen. This opens an editor. Under Basic functions, select Clipping and follow the instructions.

Alternatively, and if you want more control, right-click on the photo and open it in Photo Designer 7 (near the top of the list).

Last changed by browj2 on 9/16/2014, 10:10 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

markarst wrote on 9/16/2014, 11:08 AM

Hi,

By resize I mean I want to change the picture size to 4" by 6" or another size.  I do not want to crop it because I want everything to remain in the picture.  I do not get Photo Designer 7 when I right click on a picture.  What am I doing wrong?

browj2 wrote on 9/16/2014, 11:49 AM

Why do you want to resize the photo? If it is for printing, then you change or select the size when you print to fit your paper. The photo is only 4x6 when you print it out at that size. The electronic image is whatever size that you want. Note that 4x6 is the proportion as well, so if you want another size that does not have the same proportions, say 5x7 then part will either be cropped out by the program, or you will have blank space when you print it out.

If you are using another program, like a slide editor or movie editor, then you can resize the image by dragging on the corner handle.

When you right-click on an image, you should see the menu as shown in the image below. Photo Designer is second from the top. It should have been installed automatically when you installed PhotoManager12 Deluxe.

If you don't see it, check that PhotoDesigner 7 was installed by going to Windows Start, Programs, Magix, PhotoManager12 and clicking on it to see the installed programs, as shown below.

If it is not there, then maybe you don't have the Deluxe version. Did you buy this or did you download the free version. If you have the free version, PhotoDesigner 7 is also offered for free. Download and install it at from the Magix free site.

Failing that, just use the Optimize button to modify the photo, but not the size.

Last changed by browj2 on 9/16/2014, 11:49 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

markarst wrote on 9/16/2014, 2:44 PM

I have a lot of pictures so I reduce them to save computer space.  I downloaded the free edition just to try it. I do not have Photo Designer 7 on this computer.  Thanks for all your help.

browj2 wrote on 9/16/2014, 3:03 PM

Ahhh! You want to reduce the file size. You should have said that at the beginning. That is not a good idea if you ever want to use the photos or print them, unless you keep a copy of the original file somewhere.

Photos and videos become precious, even if we have too many. Thus, a normal solution is to have 1 copy on a hard drive and a backup on some other media, like the cloud, or DVD or BD. If you are having problems with space on your computer, you should invest in an external hard drive and keep all photos and videos on it, not on your C drive.

If you really want to reduce the filesize, then do a test first to understand what happens. Read the information in the manual and on the screen. Select a few pictures, right-click, Export, Export all selected, check the box Export files one by one, OK. New screen appears; select a target location, look at the export options and click the various ones and read the text to the right. Click on Advanced at the bottom to see better what is about to happen.

I wouldn't do this unless it was a copy to be used for one of the types of options. I would always keep the original.

You can still download and install Photo Designer 7. You may find it interesting if you want to do some more detailed editing, like make someone or something disappear from the image.

Good luck!

Last changed by browj2 on 9/16/2014, 3:03 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.