How do you get rid of a picture that stays after you remove an effect?

boivind wrote on 8/21/2011, 2:13 PM

I put some pictures into an effect, and then removed the effect.  One of the pictures continues to pop up in the slide show, but does not show up in any of the tracts, so I can't remove it.  I tried deleting all the other pictures that were in the effect, but the one still pops up on its own - right on top of other pictures in the slide show.

Another time when I removed an effect, it happened again.   I am not comfortable using effects now, because if you remove it, you ruin your slideshow.  Bummer - because that's part of the reason I bought this software!

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? 

Thanks in advance!

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 8/22/2011, 10:05 AM

What version of PhotoStory and what Windows operating system are you using it on?

boivind wrote on 8/27/2011, 10:39 AM

Windows 7

Magix PhotoStory on CD and DVD 9 Deluxe

john-auvil wrote on 8/29/2011, 9:29 AM

I have both those, and yet I have not had this issue before, I know others have. I unfortunately have no solution as I have never had the ability to replicate it to see if I can find a work around or a function to eliminate it.

When you reset the effects, did you do this by selecting the drop down menu "Effects" then in that menu select the second to last entry "Effects Settings" then go to "Reset"?

boivind wrote on 8/30/2011, 7:21 AM

Yes, that is how I did it.

I even deleted all the pictures, so it says 0/117 at the bottom, and the "ghost" images still show up in the show.  I exported to mpg and they still show up!   Very weird.

I wish that someone from Magix would join this conversation...  :)