Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 10/12/2011, 1:03 AM

WillC,

Sorry I don't have your PhotoStory program to check for sure, but the interface looks very much like that of Movie Edit Pro etc. There are several 'modes' of displaying the objects you are using eg images, clips or audio samples. To do the PIP effects you would need to be in 'Timeline' mode, where objects are shown as rectangles on one or more stacked tracks. The rectangle lengths are indicative of playing time and it is easy to adjust times or make cuts to remove unwanted bits. An alternative 'Storyboard' mode, which is probably the default for your program, shows a single line of objects as something like old 35mm slides.

In timeline mode you would have your video clip in the top (lowest number) track and drop your pictures, eg stills or even other video, onto lower (higher number) tracks which puts them in front of your main video. The default settings will probably fill the frame and completely cover the background video so you will need to apply some sort of 'size and position' effect to each of your picture-in-picture images. Moving them along their timeline will adjust when they appear anddisappear.

Hope this helps you get started,

Carl

WillC wrote on 10/28/2011, 12:20 AM

WillC,

Sorry I don't have your PhotoStory program to check for sure, but the interface looks very much like that of Movie Edit Pro etc. There are several 'modes' of displaying the objects you are using eg images, clips or audio samples. To do the PIP effects you would need to be in 'Timeline' mode, where objects are shown as rectangles on one or more stacked tracks. The rectangle lengths are indicative of playing time and it is easy to adjust times or make cuts to remove unwanted bits. An alternative 'Storyboard' mode, which is probably the default for your program, shows a single line of objects as something like old 35mm slides.

In timeline mode you would have your video clip in the top (lowest number) track and drop your pictures, eg stills or even other video, onto lower (higher number) tracks which puts them in front of your main video. The default settings will probably fill the frame and completely cover the background video so you will need to apply some sort of 'size and position' effect to each of your picture-in-picture images. Moving them along their timeline will adjust when they appear anddisappear.

Hope this helps you get started,

Carl

Carl,

Thanks for the very clear and detailed response. Unfortunately, there's only one video track on my app. I'm wrestling with the background video function in the "Design" mode, but it's definitely more difficult to configure. The main issue is that once you apply a background to the foreground objects, you can't independently modify it because it's all on one track. Appreciate any easier alternatives...