How do I record audio from my computer using Audio Cleaning Lab 12 - how do I record from the internet? I have no trouble recording from external sources (record player, cable box). I've tried recording from the internet bust the program doen't detect i

jspollen wrote on 12/26/2008, 9:18 PM
How do I record from the internet using Audio Cleaning Lab 12 ?  I have no trouble recording from external sources (record player, cable box).  I've tried recording from the internet on the same computer that Audio Cleaning Lab is running but the program doen't detect it.  I have Windows XP.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/29/2008, 3:47 AM
Hi there,

What you want to accomplish is basically a matter of driver capabilities and Windows/sound card recording mixer settings. Cleaning Lab essentially just picks up the signal that is configured for recording in the mixer.

When you're in Cleaning Lab's recording dialog, click on the "Level Control" button. That will take you straight into the sound hardware's recording mixer. Unfortunately, what exactly that mixer dialog will look like depends on the particular hardware and driver. The details can differ a little, with some sound drivers having downright proprietary mixer dialogs. You should be looking for the possibility to record the "Stereo Mix". The recording dialog will either give you a selection between different recording sources, in which case you will have to select said Stereo Mix, or will record a sum of everything by default, in which case you might want to mute anything that doesn't apply.

Here's an additional tutorial that might be helpful:

www.sagebrush.com/whatu.htm