How do I prevent Movie Edit pro 16 from stopping capturing video

mogenswind wrote on 5/2/2010, 12:57 PM
"Hi! I have a jvc GR-D33AG camcorder. I am running Win7 Pro on Core Duo E8400 3 GHz, NVidia GF 8600GT, 32 bit and 4 Gb ram. I'm using Firewire. I am currently trying to use Magix Movie Edit 16 pro. The problem is I cannot capture from the camera. The camera will run just fine while I am trying to capture-but after a few minutes there is no connection. The recording stops, and I'm told that there is no capturer device. I have a lot of free space on my HD. I've changed the cables and bought a new firewire-card, -I've tried to use another camcorder but nothing helped. I see both camcorders is in the device manager and tells me that the functionality is OK. Both cameras use the Win standard driver. I start Movie Edit Pro as an administrator. The sofware are installed as Win wants and running compatible with WinXP sp2. What is possible wrong. I have for more than 2 weeks tried to find a solution. Any help at all would be appreciated. Best Regards Mogens Wind netreg@mogenswind.dk"

Comments

bobbynuts wrote on 5/4/2010, 5:35 PM
Hi Mogens,

I'll assume you have checked the import settings and that the option to record only a portion of tape has not been selected. I'm not sure what the problem is but try the following ... do not start movie edit pro, connect your Mini Dv camera, turn it on and set to playback mode then follow the instructions that follow when the windows autoplay screen opens ... select import video

If this works then it suggests that there is something in MEP16 that is not happy .... if it doesn't work then we will have to think of something else.

By the way I've just remembered something else you could do -  try reversing the firewire cable ... I have one that works perfectly one way but is not reliable the other way round so I have labelled one end 'PC' and I've not had a problem since.

let me know if this helps