Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/16/2009, 1:42 PM
Hi,

Looks like this sentence came out a little short, but from what I can see and from your keywords line, I think I get the idea what you're to do.  :-)

In order to accomplish this effect, you would have to line up the same video clip twice in direct sequence. The first one is just supposed to play regularly. Thus, you would have to change anything about it. The second one would have to be manipulated via the appropriate play speed setting in Movie Edit Pro to run in reverse and at increased speed. This way, you will get the desired effect, that exactly when first clip reaches its end after being replayed one time, the reversed clip is being played to simulate the rewinding.

I hope this helps. If you seem to have problems putting the play speed setting change into action, please specify exactly what version of Movie Edit Pro you're using and I'll try to give you more detailed instructions.
ralftaro wrote on 4/17/2009, 5:50 AM
Hi again,

Thanks for your message and for clarifying what version you're using. Unfortunately, there seems to be a temporary problem and I don't seem to be able to reply to private messages right now. So, I'll just put the reply here. Also, this way other users can benefit from it.  :-)

In Movie Edit Pro 14, this is the procedure to reverse the second clip after you have lined up both copies in the timeline:

Right-click on the video track of the second object. Pick "Video effects..." from the context menu to bring up the Video FX controller window. Find the "Play speed" section and hit the button with the minus sign and arrow on it to reverse the direction of the playback. Also, increase the playback speed according to your wishes using the slider. I'd probably set it to at least 3x to 4x speed to get the proper effect. Done!

NOTE: If there's any audio track attached to the video object you're manipulating, you will have to ungroup the audio from the second video object before you can actually carry out the direction reversal and bigger speed changes described above. This only works with no audio attached. So, select the second object and press ungroup button or CTRL + M to split off the audio track. Then delete the audio object that has been separated now. You will have silence during the "rewinding" part of the video clip. I suppose you could try and see whether you can find a suitable "rewind" sound sample to fill in the gap. You could even export the audio fraction of your video clip, reverse + speed up the playback in an audio program and bring it back into Movie Edit Pro to replace the missing audio. But this is just a further creative addition to this little effect. Naturally you don't have to have any sound. Most real video tape players won't replay sped up sound when rewinding or fast forwarding through a video, but it's kind of a cool and funny effect.