How do I insert a photo in the timeline?

CoffeeAndJazz wrote on 3/31/2019, 1:01 PM

Photostory Deluxe v17

I started a new project. Started putting in photos from my directory. I then went into my wifes folder and started to insert photos between the ones I placed in the time line. It just puts them over the existing pictures. I can't find a way to move the pictures to the right to insert them. I can only do the last one then go back one by one. There must be an easier way.

Thank you

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/31/2019, 1:15 PM

Hi.

To do this you need to first ensure you are in the appropriate Mouse Mode. See the screenshot below, taking care the highlighted icon is selected. (That icon ensures that ALL images following any that you select are moved in parallel with the selected one).

Then, simply place your cursor on the photo/image/video/whatever, that is to come immediately after the image etc. you want to insert. Left-click and drag the image to the right and a gap will open, into which you insert your new image. You can then "close" any gap by dragging that following clip back until it touches the new one.

One other thing: the latest version of Photo Story Deluxe is 18.1.3.32 so you may want to think about updating.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

CoffeeAndJazz wrote on 3/31/2019, 5:27 PM

Thank you I will give it a try I am debating about upgrading. It's only $10 cheaper to upgrade and that's really not a deal I don't know if the add on software is normally included or not

But this is my first time using it so I will see how it goes. I bought it last year and I think I only had 6 mn update as I got it with other stuff via humble bumble

johnebaker wrote on 4/1/2019, 6:24 AM

@CoffeeAndJazz

Hi

Just to point out, emmrecs (Jeff) comment is referring to working in Timeline mode.

To add to Jeff's comment - if you are in Storyboard mode then dragging an image from the media pool and dropping in between the 2 images where you require it to be (a red vertical line will appear) will insert the image. The controls Jeff indicated do not appear in Storyboard mode.

Working in Timeline mode is better - you have more control over the image/video/audio objects.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.